The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum - Fine Art Landscape Photography

Finally some deer up close

Posted By: lv1

Finally some deer up close - 06/20/06 03:42 AM

I usually hike around the farm where my horse is stabled. Always encounter deer on horseback but they disappear when I am walking around with my camera. But not today!! Here are a couple of captures.

Laslo
Posted By: Tony Bynum

Re: Finally some deer up close - 06/20/06 03:46 AM

nothing came through. Try again. . .

Re: Finally some deer up close - 06/20/06 03:54 AM

Tony,

Thanks.

I think I got it now.

Regards,

Laslo
Posted By: JeffDinPA

Re: Finally some deer up close - 06/20/06 10:57 AM

Hey Laslo,
Nice shots. I am glad they finally stuck around long enough for you to get a shot. I suppose they are getting to know you or was it that carrot in your hand.

I know they have reported a record tic season, but look at all of them on the poor deer.
Posted By: PossumCorner

Re: Finally some deer up close - 06/21/06 08:02 AM

Laslo they are beautiful. (And would like to see some shots of the horses). I hadn't noticed the ticks until Jeff mentioned it - I can't stand them, don't mind snakes, spiders and so on but ticks are the worst things.

Re: Finally some deer up close - 06/25/06 02:41 AM

Thank you PC. I just got a new computer and amd trying to set things u the way they were befor. I will look at some good horse photos to post.

Laslo
Posted By: chezzyr

Re: Finally some deer up close - 06/30/06 10:23 AM

Such lovely elegant creatures! I have only ever seen one in the wild - in the distance - when I was visiting Canada.
I am a fan of Walt Disney's Bambi - I have so much memorabilia connected with that little guy!

Not a criticism but do you know what causes the odd bokeh in the top third in the second photo? I ask because I occasionally experience that with a couple of my lenses and it drives me batty :-)

Re: Finally some deer up close - 08/16/06 11:02 PM

That is some out of focus leaves I believe.

Laslo

Quote:

Such lovely elegant creatures! I have only ever seen one in the wild - in the distance - when I was visiting Canada.
I am a fan of Walt Disney's Bambi - I have so much memorabilia connected with that little guy!

Not a criticism but do you know what causes the odd bokeh in the top third in the second photo? I ask because I occasionally experience that with a couple of my lenses and it drives me batty :-)

Posted By: James Morrissey

Re: Finally some deer up close - 08/17/06 01:36 PM

Very nice documentary shots of the deer. The poor guys must be unconfortable with all of those ticks..Ouch.

James
© 2024 The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum