The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum - Fine Art Landscape Photography

02-24-14 Bert & Bertha

Posted By: Wacky roger

02-24-14 Bert & Bertha - 02/25/14 05:20 AM

Is hard to believe that another season with Bert & Bertha is almost over. The good news is its getting closer to time for Maw & Paw Osprey to arrive.

Posted By: James Morrissey

Re: 02-24-14 Bert & Bertha - 02/25/14 01:47 PM

Hey Roger,

They are all fine, but I like the last three best. I had not realized that the eagles were only seasonal visitors. Here in NYC, there appear to be certain 'residents' of Ospreys, for example at the Queens National Wildlife Refuge.

James

Re: 02-24-14 Bert & Bertha - 02/25/14 04:16 PM

Originally Posted By: James Morrissey
Hey Roger,

They are all fine, but I like the last three best. I had not realized that the eagles were only seasonal visitors. Here in NYC, there appear to be certain 'residents' of Ospreys, for example at the Queens National Wildlife Refuge.

James

We are lucky cuz we gt eagles in the winter and then Osprey in the summer.
Posted By: James Morrissey

Re: 02-24-14 Bert & Bertha - 02/26/14 05:29 AM

Right now, it is just Ospreys for us. We see them regularly (never gotten a good shot, but that is a different story). The Parks Department had been releasing Baldys every few years in the park near my apartment, but they have essentially all flown off elsewhere. I think that the hope is that when they mature, they will come back to lay eggs here.

James

Re: 02-24-14 Bert & Bertha - 02/27/14 06:30 PM

Originally Posted By: James Morrissey
Right now, it is just Ospreys for us. We see them regularly (never gotten a good shot, but that is a different story). The Parks Department had been releasing Baldys every few years in the park near my apartment, but they have essentially all flown off elsewhere. I think that the hope is that when they mature, they will come back to lay eggs here.

James

Good luck on them coming back and then you can get some keepers.
© 2024 The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum