The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum - Fine Art Landscape Photography

OspreyLand = Maw & Paw At Their Nest

Posted By: Wacky roger

OspreyLand = Maw & Paw At Their Nest - 03/30/14 02:53 PM

It is beginning to look like it will be another good summer, Maw & Paw are back. It looks like winter did a number on their nest. The top has a bad lean and our spring winds are about to start.

Posted By: James Morrissey

Re: OspreyLand = Maw & Paw At Their Nest - 04/01/14 02:26 AM

Thanks for sharing. You may hate me for saying this, but at certain angles, they remind me of pigeons. smile

James

Re: OspreyLand = Maw & Paw At Their Nest - 04/01/14 01:12 PM

Originally Posted By: James Morrissey
Thanks for sharing. You may hate me for saying this, but at certain angles, they remind me of pigeons. smile

James

Baaaa Boo Humbug
Posted By: Jim Garvie

Re: OspreyLand = Maw & Paw At Their Nest - 04/04/14 12:55 PM

Pigeons?!!

We need to get you out of the city and back into wildlife soon. These are birds of prey; not birds of hand-feeding in Central Park LOL.

Jim

Re: OspreyLand = Maw & Paw At Their Nest - 04/04/14 02:29 PM

Originally Posted By: Jim Garvie
Pigeons?!!

We need to get you out of the city and back into wildlife soon. These are birds of prey; not birds of hand-feeding in Central Park LOL.

Jim

I am lucky that over the years I have made friends with a pair of Bald Eagles and a pair of Osprey.
Posted By: Jim Garvie

Re: OspreyLand = Maw & Paw At Their Nest - 04/04/14 03:46 PM

Roger,
indeed. My last comment was made to James' comment about some of the poses make them look like pigeons. I love Ospreys and try to capture them fishing in the lakes around Orlando. Without as much success as you've had smile. Eagles are more rare and much farther away generally for me to capture adequately with my 70-200 and 1.4X telextender. Maybe I'll have luck with both this weekend. If so, will share.

Jim

Re: OspreyLand = Maw & Paw At Their Nest - 04/04/14 06:59 PM

Originally Posted By: Jim Garvie
Roger,
indeed. My last comment was made to James' comment about some of the poses make them look like pigeons. I love Ospreys and try to capture them fishing in the lakes around Orlando. Without as much success as you've had smile. Eagles are more rare and much farther away generally for me to capture adequately with my 70-200 and 1.4X telextender. Maybe I'll have luck with both this weekend. If so, will share.

Jim

Wishing you lots of good luck and yes please share.
Posted By: James Morrissey

Re: OspreyLand = Maw & Paw At Their Nest - 04/05/14 03:24 PM

LOL, I said it was going to be appalling.

James
© 2024 The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum