The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum - Fine Art Landscape Photography

Baby Raccoons

Posted By: Karen

Baby Raccoons - 07/19/06 01:47 PM

These guys just started visiting us. I wish I could use better lighting. I use my 550EX Speedlight, but I am not able to set it up closer to them. Do you think there is too much fill light in these? I could be my postprocessing. I shoot everything in RAW. I tried to make sure they weren't underexposed also.

Posted By: Marty Everhard

Re: Baby Raccoons - 07/19/06 04:29 PM

Those are great!Lighting looks good to me!
Posted By: James Morrissey

Re: Baby Raccoons - 07/20/06 04:15 AM

"Do you think there is too much fill light in these? I could be my postprocessing. I shoot everything in RAW. I tried to make sure they weren't underexposed also. "

Hey Karen,

I do think there is a bit too much fill here...at least for look (not necessarilly for practice). What I mean by this is that I am not sure you had much choice. These shots appear to have been taken in the dark. You would have had too much blur otherwise as the Raccoons look like they are moving around a bit.

Cheers!
James
Posted By: JeffDinPA

Re: Baby Raccoons - 07/22/06 02:06 AM

Karen, thank for posting more. I LOVE the last one, they are too cute. I should put out some food like you and Dick and see what I get. Maybe then I will finally get my Bear photos:)
And yes the fill light adjustment is strong but I like the look. Kind of re-enforces the fact it is night time.
Posted By: RichardR

Re: Baby Raccoons - 07/29/06 10:34 PM

Karen, I just love those! Such cute critters. As James pointed out, those look like they were taken at night so not much choice in the lighting.

The mama coon that lives in my woods had three this Spring. I only got to see them in the daylight for the first time this past week.

Best regards,

Dick:)
Posted By: Scott

Re: Baby Raccoons - 07/29/06 11:59 PM

Wonderful captures Karen. Unfortunately around central NC, raccoons have been ravenged by rabies. They're such delightful but mischevious guys. My cousin once had a young pet raccoon until it reached maturity and headed back into the wild.

Cheers,
© 2024 The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum