The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum - Fine Art Landscape Photography

My first try at Fall Colors

Posted By: Tucson Jim

My first try at Fall Colors - 10/11/14 07:12 PM

I'm from the Southern Arizona Desert where in the winter, the leaves chnge from green to brown, then fall off the trees. But, this year I was finally able to travel back East to view the Fall Colors in full swing. So far, I have been very pleased with the display. These are a few I took in Quebec last week. I'm still travelling, so I haven't been able to do any post processing. These are straight out of the camera jpegs.

Posted By: Wacky roger

Re: My first try at Fall Colors - 10/12/14 10:48 PM

Very pretty.

Re: My first try at Fall Colors - 10/13/14 09:46 PM

Thanks Roger. Isn't Mother Nature something?

Jim
Posted By: Wacky roger

Re: My first try at Fall Colors - 10/13/14 11:40 PM

Originally Posted By: Tucson Jim
Thanks Roger. Isn't Mother Nature something?

Jim

Best artist ever IMHO.
Posted By: James Morrissey

Re: My first try at Fall Colors - 10/18/14 05:28 PM

Hey Jim,

Hope you have been having a great time on your trip. I also hope you get more foliage! It looks like it peaked in NH just as we were there...just beautiful.

Well done, Jim!

James

Re: My first try at Fall Colors - 10/21/14 03:54 AM

Hi James:

We have been enjoying our trip immensely. The foilage has been terrific. Despite the rain, I've been able to get some nice shots. Really appreciate the weather sealed camera & lens. Looks like we're in for some more nasty weather on the trip back down too. I hope we have nice weather for Bar Harbor next week. Keep your fingers crossed for us.

Jim
Posted By: James Morrissey

Re: My first try at Fall Colors - 10/23/14 10:56 AM

Did you make it to Bar Harbor yet? I have never been there this late in the season and I am curious how it looks. If you need sunrise/sunset locations, let me know.

Cheers
James

Re: My first try at Fall Colors - 10/28/14 05:22 PM

James:

We were at Bar Harbor yesterday. We were delayed disembarking by US customs. Picked up rental car at 11:00 and had to have it back to the airport by 4:30, so we just had time to drive the loop road and to the top of Cadillac Mountain. By the time we got to the Bass Harbor Lighthouse, we were cutting it too close to make it down to the vantage point in your photos. I should have gone there first.

As for the rest of the park, the scenery was fantastic and there was still some color left. I'm sure that we will be making a return trip at some time. Really enjoyed it.
© 2024 The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum