The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum - Fine Art Landscape Photography

Bald Eagle Inserts

Posted By: Wacky roger

Bald Eagle Inserts - 11/12/14 12:34 PM

Bald Eagle Inserts. One insert has the moon behind his head.

Posted By: James Morrissey

Re: Bald Eagle Inserts - 11/12/14 07:52 PM

Is that the moon in the 3rd image? If so - really cool. It is my favorite of the group. On the fifth image, there appears to be some sort of discoloration on the small eagle in the background. The image is too small for me to be sure, but I did want to ask about it.

James

Re: Bald Eagle Inserts - 11/12/14 08:15 PM

Originally Posted By: James Morrissey
Is that the moon in the 3rd image? If so - really cool. It is my favorite of the group. On the fifth image, there appears to be some sort of discoloration on the small eagle in the background. The image is too small for me to be sure, but I did want to ask about it.

James

Yes its the moon on #3. The last image is also the moon behind the eagles head in both the insert and in the background shot.
Posted By: James Morrissey

Re: Bald Eagle Inserts - 11/13/14 07:46 PM

Thanks. LOL, I should have read the original post better. What a cool series.

James

Re: Bald Eagle Inserts - 11/13/14 08:05 PM

Originally Posted By: James Morrissey
Thanks. LOL, I should have read the original post better. What a cool series.

James

The inset shots are a lot of fun to do most of the time.
Posted By: Tucson Jim

Re: Bald Eagle Inserts - 11/18/14 11:44 PM

Hi Roger:

I really like it when you post these inserts. Hope you don't mind a couple of questions & not asking you to divulge any trade secrets, but are the inserts crops taken from the background images or are there different focal length lenses at work here? I ask because to my eye, the background images often appear to be 50mm. Also, a couple of the inserts appear to be flipped before being overlay-ed. I know this is how you make your living, so no hard feelings if you would rather not share your technique.

Jim

Re: Bald Eagle Inserts - 11/19/14 12:44 AM

Originally Posted By: Tucson Jim
Hi Roger:

I really like it when you post these inserts. Hope you don't mind a couple of questions & not asking you to divulge any trade secrets, but are the inserts crops taken from the background images or are there different focal length lenses at work here? I ask because to my eye, the background images often appear to be 50mm. Also, a couple of the inserts appear to be flipped before being overlay-ed. I know this is how you make your living, so no hard feelings if you would rather not share your technique.

Jim

Glad to help you out. You should try it cuz they are fun to do.

The back ground shots are with a 16 to 35 lens and I use different focal lengths when shooting them and then pick the one I like best. I crop a photo that I like from my long lens for the insert and yes I change it so the subject is facing towards the subject in the background shot.

Any other questions just ask.
© 2024 The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum