The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum - Fine Art Landscape Photography

Sandhill Cranes

Posted By: Wacky roger

Sandhill Cranes - 02/27/15 02:00 PM

Its time for them to start their trip North.

Posted By: James Morrissey

Re: Sandhill Cranes - 02/27/15 09:21 PM

Nice! 3rd and 4th of the series are my favorites. Were these taken no the trip to California?

James

Re: Sandhill Cranes - 02/27/15 10:03 PM

Originally Posted By: James Morrissey
Nice! 3rd and 4th of the series are my favorites. Were these taken no the trip to California?

James

On the way back. I am starting to plan a trip to Monte Vista Colorado to shoot cranes around the 12th of March. There should be 15 to 20 thousand of them there by then.

Re: Sandhill Cranes - 02/27/15 10:49 PM

Wow. That will be amazing to see. Have you ever thought about starting some photographic groups?

James

Re: Sandhill Cranes - 02/27/15 11:01 PM

Wow. That will be amazing to see. Have you ever thought about starting some photographic groups?

James

I have thought about it but with personality IMHO it wouldn't work. People wouldn't like being told we are going to sit under this tree for maybe 5 or 6 hours and maybe not see anything at all.

Any time I have been around other photographers they all seem to be in a hurry and I don't do hurry.

Re: Sandhill Cranes - 03/02/15 12:13 AM

Fair enough, Roger. I understand waiting, LOL. I have sat out in the pouring rain on multiple occasions waiting for several hours waiting for a critter to move (almost always a moose).

Having said that, I was curious.

James

Re: Sandhill Cranes - 03/02/15 04:53 AM

Fair enough, Roger. I understand waiting, LOL. I have sat out in the pouring rain on multiple occasions waiting for several hours waiting for a critter to move (almost always a moose).

Having said that, I was curious.

James

IMHO it was a good question.
© 2024 The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum