The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum - Fine Art Landscape Photography

Sometimes it all comes together.......

Posted By: Marty Everhard

Sometimes it all comes together....... - 08/10/06 12:19 AM

These are dedicated to the friendly and supportive folks all over the world that we meet on this board.
I had been visiting this spot every two weeks all summer, waiting for the wildflowers to peak,,,,,,,,,,,

I'll process the wildflowers a little later!
Please, all rights reserved....
Posted By: PossumCorner

Re: Sometimes it all comes together....... - 08/10/06 12:42 AM

Quote:

...I'll process the wildflowers a little later! ...

Wonderful shots Marty - it does look like the moose are also well advanced on processing the wildflowers.

Re: Sometimes it all comes together....... - 08/10/06 01:09 AM

Thank-you.........
Now do you want to know how many I chucked?
Posted By: DavidRamey

Re: Sometimes it all comes together....... - 08/10/06 02:14 AM

Quote:

Thank-you.........
Now do you want to know how many I chucked?

50?

Re: Sometimes it all comes together....... - 08/10/06 03:17 AM

If could only do these again knowing what I now know now-say that 3 times fast..........

46 ..........
Posted By: DavidRamey

Re: Sometimes it all comes together....... - 08/10/06 03:46 AM

Well, I wasn't too far off on my guess. I like the last moose photo. It looks as if you said cheese and he smiled for the camera.
Posted By: Scott

Re: Sometimes it all comes together....... - 08/10/06 03:48 AM

You are indeed fortuitous...the flowers can wait.
Very nice series. Moose are generally pretty cooperative at standing still aren't they? Well done.

Cheers,

Re: Sometimes it all comes together....... - 08/10/06 04:06 AM

I was with them for two hours. When they sat down in the shade, I ate my lunch 10-15 yards away and resumed shooting. They were literally snoring. At times I got so close I had to back away real slow or real fast with tripod my only possible protection- but they never seemed to mind me at all.............lesson learned= high dynamic range in the sun, they are very dark , and create there own shade.....thank's for comments
Posted By: tomh1000

Re: Sometimes it all comes together....... - 08/10/06 10:05 AM

Great shots. Very beautiful place around that area. I live in South Carolina but I need to go to Dugway Proving Grounds for some testing. If you live around that area I'm sure you know where I'm talking about. Anyway, I was there last month and got a chance to take a ride through the Mt. Nebo Loop over in Pason. Got some really nice photos from around there. I'll try to post some later.
Posted By: Tony Bynum

Re: Sometimes it all comes together....... - 08/10/06 02:18 PM

Great job, and I'll bet you had an awesome time!

I have found that moose, and lower 48 grizzly bears are, for me, the hardest subjects to capture well in the wild.

The moose are so dark and so sneekey, that when you run onto one you really better know how your camera works or you will come home with a bunch crud. I think shooting moose and lower 48 griz MADE me figure out how and when to adjust my exposure without looking at the camera!

Great job on the moose, i wish I were there!
Posted By: James Morrissey

Re: Sometimes it all comes together....... - 08/10/06 04:15 PM

I was with them for two hours. When they sat down in the shade, I ate my lunch 10-15 yards away and resumed shooting. They were literally snoring. At times I got so close I had to back away real slow or real fast with tripod my only possible protection- but they never seemed to mind me at all.............lesson learned= high dynamic range in the sun, they are very dark , and create there own shade.....thank's for comments

LOL - I understand that one all too well. The last time I saw some nice bull elk, they literally lazed about for 3 and ahalf hours. When they finally got up, I got some treated to some nice posing.

Congratulations on the shots. He is one heck of a big boy.

James
Posted By: Loopman

Re: Sometimes it all comes together....... - 08/12/06 01:34 PM

Cool pics. I second everyone elses comments. Wish I was there too!
© 2024 The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum