The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum - Fine Art Landscape Photography

Aerial = C&TSRR = Chama Depot

Posted By: Wacky roger

Aerial = C&TSRR = Chama Depot - 09/25/15 04:21 PM

Now all I need is a nice day for light and clouds.

Posted By: James Morrissey

Re: Aerial = C&TSRR = Chama Depot - 09/29/15 11:46 AM

Hi Roger,

This is cool. I look forward to seeingmore. When you shoot video, what are you using to edit thr footage with?

Re: Aerial = C&TSRR = Chama Depot - 09/29/15 01:20 PM

Originally Posted By: James Morrissey
Hi Roger,

This is cool. I look forward to seeingmore. When you shoot video, what are you using to edit thr footage with?

Power Director. I installed the Gimbal so now I am starting a new learning curve.

Re: Aerial = C&TSRR = Chama Depot - 09/29/15 02:34 PM

Can you show a photo of the drone with the gimbal? I am curious as to how this works.

James

Re: Aerial = C&TSRR = Chama Depot - 09/29/15 09:16 PM

Can you show a photo of the drone with the gimbal? I am curious as to how this works.

James

Give me a couple of days and I will do that.

Re: Aerial = C&TSRR = Chama Depot - 09/30/15 08:58 PM

That would be appreciated. I am also curious - do you need to be shooting with an image stabilized lens and/or what shutter speeds are necessary to keep the motion to a minimum? Or, does the Go Pro just do everything for you?

James

Re: Aerial = C&TSRR = Chama Depot - 09/30/15 09:22 PM

That would be appreciated. I am also curious - do you need to be shooting with an image stabilized lens and/or what shutter speeds are necessary to keep the motion to a minimum? Or, does the Go Pro just do everything for you?

James

So far I just set GoPro to do everything.
Posted By: Tucson Jim

Re: Aerial = C&TSRR = Chama Depot - 10/27/15 10:07 PM

Roger:

I have really enjoyed the aerial photos you have posted. I noticed that the Feds have promulgated a rule requiring drones to be registered. I'm also wondering whether at some point in time the National Park Service will ban drones from all or parts of the park. I've yet to encounter one in a NP, but can foresee it becoming a potential controversy. Don't know how I feel about a ban, but I think that at a minimum, a permit system would be in order.

The C&TSRR route is sufficiently isolated that the chances of your drone activities bothering anyone are slim to none. Not to mention the fact that I don't think you're the type to be careless or inconsiderate anyway.

Jim

Re: Aerial = C&TSRR = Chama Depot - 10/29/15 05:37 PM

Originally Posted By: Tucson Jim
Roger:

I have really enjoyed the aerial photos you have posted. I noticed that the Feds have promulgated a rule requiring drones to be registered. I'm also wondering whether at some point in time the National Park Service will ban drones from all or parts of the park. I've yet to encounter one in a NP, but can foresee it becoming a potential controversy. Don't know how I feel about a ban, but I think that at a minimum, a permit system would be in order.

The C&TSRR route is sufficiently isolated that the chances of your drone activities bothering anyone are slim to none. Not to mention the fact that I don't think you're the type to be careless or inconsiderate anyway.

Jim

Thank you Jim. I try to fly where camera & video guys can't see the train so I don't bother anyone.
© 2024 The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum