The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum - Fine Art Landscape Photography

Big Tarantula

Posted By: Scott

Big Tarantula - 08/28/06 03:35 AM

Shot this huge guy with flash through glass in an insect terrarium. Wished I had a big hunk of meat to toss to him! LOL

Comments always appreciated.

Cheers,
Posted By: Tony Bynum

Re: Big Tarantula - 08/28/06 12:55 PM

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh, that's a spinder dude ~~~~ ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh, it looks real and like it's about ready to craw out of the frame. Nice job! I not a fan of big spiders, glad I live up in the north country where its too cold for those badboyzzzzzzzz!

Re: Big Tarantula - 08/28/06 01:15 PM

Hi Tony, thanks for commenting. I'm kinda glad they're not wild in NC too...only in captivity. LOL

Cheers,
Posted By: JeffDinPA

Re: Big Tarantula - 08/28/06 07:08 PM

Scott,
I’ll have to handle this critique, Tony went off mumbling something about “a perfectly good pair of BVDs”.
That is a great capture. Nice to have one posing for you. To bad you can’t see all of his eyes or the fangs! I like the way he is all spread out. And a black background, very nice. He look velvety, how did he feel? What a sharp shot.

Re: Big Tarantula - 08/29/06 02:59 AM

Quote:

Scott,
I'll have to handle this critique, Tony went off mumbling something about a perfectly good pair of BVDs.
That is a great capture. Nice to have one posing for you. To bad you can't see all of his eyes or the fangs! I like the way he is all spread out. And a black background, very nice. He look velvety, how did he feel? What a sharp shot.

Thanks Jeff. Ha, no open top on the terrarium, but not real sure if I would have petted him. LOL
I appreciate your comments.
Posted By: Tony Bynum

Re: Big Tarantula - 08/29/06 03:35 AM

Ya, ya, ya, but I eat easterners for lunch! LOL

Re: Big Tarantula - 08/29/06 12:47 PM

Quote:

Ya, ya, ya, but I eat easterners for lunch! LOL

Ha, thanks for the reply Tony.

Regards,
© 2024 The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum