The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum - Fine Art Landscape Photography

C&TSRR = 487 = Nice Whistle

Posted By: Wacky roger

C&TSRR = 487 = Nice Whistle - 06/01/17 01:41 PM

Locomotive 487 at the 1st crossing. Train sounds and music. I am trying to decide if all the extra time to do this is worth it. Extra time to record the sound and then a lot of extra time editing the video. This process will cut back on the number of locations I can do in a day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmwSS1rvJds
Posted By: James Morrissey

Re: C&TSRR = 487 = Nice Whistle - 06/02/17 07:34 PM

Hey Roger,

You know I love the train photos....but, if you are looking for critical feedback, let me see if I can be helpful.

First - I love the music - it is a lot of fun. I would say that the music is perhaps a tad bit too high and drowns out the train.

Second - the video starts off a bit slow. While I think the wide angle view of the train is OK to start off from, I feel like it spends too much time at the wide angle. The movement does not really start until after the train has crossed the tracks.

Over-all, I like the video. I sat and watched the whole thing. As to whether or not it is worth while doing the video editing - may I ask how the heck you do it? I have never done a video in my life. Also, who/what are you editing the video for?

James

Re: C&TSRR = 487 = Nice Whistle - 06/02/17 11:13 PM

Originally Posted By: James Morrissey
Hey Roger,

You know I love the train photos....but, if you are looking for critical feedback, let me see if I can be helpful.

First - I love the music - it is a lot of fun. I would say that the music is perhaps a tad bit too high and drowns out the train.

Second - the video starts off a bit slow. While I think the wide angle view of the train is OK to start off from, I feel like it spends too much time at the wide angle. The movement does not really start until after the train has crossed the tracks.

Over-all, I like the video. I sat and watched the whole thing. As to whether or not it is worth while doing the video editing - may I ask how the heck you do it? I have never done a video in my life. Also, who/what are you editing the video for?

James

I have done photos and videos for the train since 1997 and still do. Their marketing company takes the parts of the video they want for a project and use that part.

The only train sound was the whistle and I used a separate recorder to get that. The drone videos have NO sound. I tried the idea again today and also included a little train sound using a separate recorder.

I use Power Link Cyber director for all my video editing.
Posted By: James Morrissey

Re: C&TSRR = 487 = Nice Whistle - 06/06/17 09:00 PM

Thanks, Roger. That makes sense that there would be no noise from the drone.

Anyway, thanks for the information. It is helpful.

James

Re: C&TSRR = 487 = Nice Whistle - 06/07/17 07:46 PM

Originally Posted By: James Morrissey
Thanks, Roger. That makes sense that there would be no noise from the drone.

Anyway, thanks for the information. It is helpful.

James

You are welcome.
© 2024 The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum