The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum - Fine Art Landscape Photography

Bison and deer

Posted By: mmoor

Bison and deer - 09/13/06 02:43 PM

Need some advice on what I could have done to make this shot better.

Thanks

Attached picture 5275-Buffalo.cropped.jpg

Re: Bison and deer - 09/13/06 02:47 PM

How about advice on how to post a decent size picture for you to view? I am very computer illiterate.
Posted By: James Morrissey

Re: Bison and deer - 09/13/06 07:36 PM

Hey Matt,

The best way of posting a picture on the site is through the use of a hosting company...such as your own website or a smugmug like site. I cannot remember what the size of the photos the site will accept when you upload them.

As to your photograph, first things first - when did you take the photo? What time of day?

James

PS Where is the deer?

Re: Bison and deer - 09/13/06 08:10 PM

It was taken around 7:30 in the morning at Mormon Row. The light was very warm.

Matt

Re: Bison and deer - 09/13/06 08:11 PM

It was taken around 7:30 in the morning at Mormon Row. The light was very warm. Until I can figure out a way to post these pictures I will wait on the deer.

Matt

Re: Bison and deer - 09/13/06 08:32 PM

Hi Matt,

Thanks for the reply. I thought so. The light color is beautiful. Let me ask you some questions so we can figure out how to post the photos.

Do you have a server that you use at home? i.e. do you upload your photos to share on some website?

James

Re: Bison and deer - 09/13/06 08:38 PM

Unfortunately I don't upload anywhere. I wouldn't even know how to do it.

Re: Bison and deer - 09/13/06 08:43 PM

Ahah! We are now gettins somewhere. So basically, you are saying that in order to share photos, you really need to be able to do it on-line. I will talk to my wife and see if I can work it out to except a slightly larger resolution...I am just concerned because when we host the photos, they eat out bandwidth. Even though we are a 'smaller' site, I use quite a chunk each month.

James

Re: Bison and deer - 09/13/06 08:52 PM

Great. Or if you can educate me on these websites and how to use them I could do that. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Matt

Re: Bison and deer - 09/13/06 09:07 PM

Hey Matt,

The whole process is pretty overwhelming at first, right? The trick is that there is not a really cheap way of being able to share photographs. I believe that most of the photo sharing sites require a monthly fee. You might want to ask some of the folks in the community how they are posting their photos under a different thread.

If you can arrange for a photo hosting carrier, it is very easy to share photos on-line. You can of course, also get your own website from a variety of places for as little as $5.00 per month - but again, setting it up can be a bit difficult for many.

James
Posted By: Deanvy

Re: Bison and deer - 09/14/06 02:37 AM

Matt,
Upload your pictures to photobucket.com or snapfish.com. You have to set up an account, but it is free. I use both. Resize your pictures to 825 pixels x whatever the smaller size ends up before you upload.

Re: Bison and deer - 09/14/06 02:22 PM

I see others like finalshot that put pictures in the thread. What size pictures are those when uploaded? Can I get to where I can upload that size without too much trouble?

matt
Posted By: E.B.

Re: Bison and deer - 09/21/06 08:28 PM

Haven't posted anything yet but I thought I'd stick my 2 cents worth in.

The free sites are great if you don't plan on using them much or don't need any control. I use www.smugmug.com and like it very much. Their staff is always there to answer questions. There are several other sites as well, but as someone else pointed out, they all cost something.
© 2024 The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum