The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum - Fine Art Landscape Photography

Lehigh Gorge State Park, PA

Posted By: JeffDinPA

Lehigh Gorge State Park, PA - 10/16/06 01:15 PM

I finally got out to do some photography this weekend. A friend told me his property, a vacant lot, shares a border with the Lehigh Gorge State park here in PA. It happens to be in an area I would like to get some Fall Foliage photos from. I was, and I still am planning on hitting this same area from the other side of the river, but this weekend I went here, the shorter hike, to see what the colors are like. Hopefully next weekend I will make the 9 mile round trip hike to the see this gorgeous area from the other side. What awesome views of a great area. There were some man made influences in the way, I tried to shoot around them and think these shots worked.

CCs encouraged
Posted By: Marty Everhard

Re: Lehigh Gorge State Park, PA - 10/17/06 02:33 AM

Excellent- number two leads my eye to the center of the frame best composition I think. First one has too much boulder center stage for my taste but the scenery beyond is great, looks like almost peak there in PA. Three and four very good shots as well, four a little cleaner shot as the dead tree competes for attention from the vista IMHO. I like the way the train tracks work in the images,especialy the second leads very well to center.
Here in Utah we are going to late season, mostly shades of gold- brown. Enjoy it while you can and get some wall hangers!
Posted By: JeffDinPA

Re: Lehigh Gorge State Park, PA - 10/18/06 07:17 PM

Thank you very much Marty. I love feedback like that. I like the bolder, but can see your point too. Perhaps if I were higher so the rock was a little less prominent. There will be a next time, so I will have a few things to try out when I get the snow photos from this location. I could have climbed to a slightly higher vantage point, I will check that out next time.

I posted this heavily Photoshoped shot. In this shot I was standing directly under the High tension power lines, 2 sets. I had to remove them in photoshop to make this one work. I wasn’t going to even take the photo, but it worked out OK. For the rest of the previous photos I picked locations to minimize seeing these lines.

I think the area is near peak color and this weekend should be almost the best for me. What I am noticing is that the leaves are dropping pretty quickly this year.

Here is a link to help guess when colors are peaking Foliage Reports

Posted By: James Morrissey

Re: Lehigh Gorge State Park, PA - 10/19/06 04:20 AM

Hey Jeff,

I love this last crop - really quite good. Glad to see you are having the opportunity to do some leaf peeping. Unfortunately, I was unable to make it out once this year due to a variety of issues here in the City.

James
© 2024 The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum