The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum - Fine Art Landscape Photography

A Few Frozen Falls....

Posted By: RomanJohnston

A Few Frozen Falls.... - 01/22/07 01:42 AM

Well almost frozen...we had some snow this year....(it dosn't hang around long...so you have to move when it happens)

Hope yall like them...

Roman
Posted By: Marty Everhard

Re: A Few Frozen Falls.... - 01/22/07 05:41 AM

The first one blows my mind. Does it employ the HDR workflow? I really think you nailed that one.

Re: A Few Frozen Falls.... - 01/22/07 04:12 PM

Thanks Marty....

The first shot has HDR blending done for the area behind the bridge as it was VERY light (no contrast)just brought it forward a bit to even it out with the foreground....I could have left it and strongly considered both, but the blend ended out having more stregnth to it.

The second shot is with ACR in PSCS3....no HDR blending. I felt the small amount of back area that is a tad lighter adds depth...so opted not to do any such work on it.

The 3rd one has HDR blending as well.....this one was pretty tough. Not 100% happy, but I didnt shoot it in the best conditions (I like diffused soft light....this was pretty harsh with the sun coming up behind the falls...but it gave the ice some sparkle.

Roman
Posted By: James Morrissey

Re: A Few Frozen Falls.... - 01/23/07 01:02 PM

Hey Roman,

Awesome photos. The first two are my favorites of the collection. Believe it or not, we are in mid-January and we still have not seen any snow here...just a few flakes. I also am very impressed with how you have put together the HDR images.

James
Posted By: Dee Dee

Re: A Few Frozen Falls.... - 01/26/07 05:20 AM

These are fantastic. The falls are beautiful in the snow and ice! Great shots, Roman! This might be a dumb question but what is ACR?

Re: A Few Frozen Falls.... - 01/26/07 08:56 AM

Thanks James and Dee Dee,

ACR = Adobe Camera Raw....the default raw processor for photoshop CS2/3.

BTW....James, when will the blend article happen?

Roman
Posted By: James Morrissey

Re: A Few Frozen Falls.... - 01/26/07 12:33 PM

You are next in queue - so I figure next Saturday at the latest. I am very excited about the article.

James
Posted By: Tony Bynum

Re: A Few Frozen Falls.... - 01/26/07 02:17 PM

Very nice work as usual!

Re: A Few Frozen Falls.... - 01/29/07 03:23 PM

Quote:

You are next in queue - so I figure next Saturday at the latest. I am very excited about the article.

James

LOL...guess it didnt make the weekend print...

Roman
Posted By: spartacusii

Re: A Few Frozen Falls.... - 01/31/07 10:43 PM

HEY ROMAN!!! a familiar soul - fancy meeting you here. not sure of the exact path that brought me here, but i found it surfing around doing some 'research' on our pacific NW trip. looks like a lot of nice work here.

i thought i would stick around anyway, but if you're posting over here, i'm definitely gonna want to stick around. good to see you - & i love these pics no matter where i see them.

jp

Re: A Few Frozen Falls.... - 02/06/07 12:50 PM

Hey JP....nice to see you here. Smaller...but really nice community here. Definitly a place to hang around...lot's of talent here.

: )

Roman
Posted By: TOLady

Re: A Few Frozen Falls.... - 02/13/07 05:47 PM

Ahhh, Roman!! I continue to like you because of your beautiful photographs and I continue to dislike you for making me buy lenses!! *LOL* (Tokina 12-24 in bag now all due to Roman's exquisite photography with this lens).
These waterfall shots are beautiful.... well done under difficult lighting situations!
© 2024 The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum