The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum - Fine Art Landscape Photography

Upper North Falls...Another hike yesterday.

Posted By: RomanJohnston

Upper North Falls...Another hike yesterday. - 03/05/07 02:23 PM

Working on a pano of 5 shots later today....but here is one of the falls I captured yesterday. Been playing with my new meter and it really helped nail the exposure.

Will post more later this evening.

Roman
Posted By: RichardR

Re: Upper North Falls...Another hike yesterday. - 03/07/07 04:04 PM

Gorgeous image of the falls, Roman. Looks like you've got that meter humming for you as this one seems spot on.

Best regards,

Dick:)
Posted By: James Morrissey

Re: Upper North Falls...Another hike yesterday. - 03/07/07 08:37 PM

Hey Roman,

This is great. My eyes are pulled a bit to the left of the frame because of how hard those rapids are moving. Kind of makes me feel like rafting. You are right about the metering - the highlights look perfect.

James

Re: Upper North Falls...Another hike yesterday. - 03/12/07 11:19 AM

Thanks guys...just ordered a 20x30 of this. First shot in a while that I have ordered for myself.

Roman
Posted By: jamesdak

Re: Upper North Falls...Another hike yesterday. - 03/12/07 05:11 PM

Roman,

Very nice. That park is high on my list of places to shoot. I've been wanting to shoot there since my first time living in Utah but could not find the time. Now that I am back for good I will be spending some time there for sure. Wonderful shot!
Posted By: JeffDinPA

Re: Upper North Falls...Another hike yesterday. - 03/14/07 01:02 AM

Roman, awesome shot of an awesome location. Glad to hear you are enjoying the meter. Would you care to explain how the meter helped you compared to your typical, shoot/chk histo/reshoot/chk/reshoot......? And my second question is did you create this with a HDR combo? I am amazed at the DR of the photo, did you just reorganize the perfect lighting?

Irregardless to the way you answer you created a beautiful photo!

BTW where is that 5 shot Pano you promised?:)

Re: Upper North Falls...Another hike yesterday. - 03/14/07 04:06 AM

I would have to say....it helped me the most by understanding the light that was happening in the scene. I actually started to understand the relationship of light in a more intimate sense. I felt more in controll of my process than ever.

The shot is one shot...no blend. Almost no Post processing...just some minor curves....and that is it.

Took a nice 20x30 to the frame shop, and the owner liked it enough to want to start a professional relationship with him working on selling my work on consignment.

Thanks for your kind comments.

Roman
© 2024 The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum