The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum - Fine Art Landscape Photography

Coyote Eyes

Posted By: RichardR

Coyote Eyes - 03/07/07 02:24 AM

He was glaring at me as he passed by, probably tiffed because I'd photographed him taking a whiz just a minute before!! I've attached that shot.

Taken in Cades Cove last week. Nikon D70/70-200VR & Nikon 1.7x TC.

Regards,

Dick:)

Attached picture 7021-JPG2CS2CoyoteWhizDSC_4779.jpg
Posted By: thedra

Re: Coyote Eyes - 03/07/07 03:40 PM

You're just baiting me with all these great pictures of Cades cove, aren't you. Great work!

Tom

Re: Coyote Eyes - 03/07/07 03:53 PM

Heheheh....Thanks, Tom!

Cades Cove is one of my favorite places in all the world and I'm fortunate to live so close by and able to get up there often. Early morning, between sunrise and 10-11 or so and the last few hours of the day are the best times for seeing critters. During the mid-day, they're usually off in the woods, but they are there.

Best regards,

Posted By: James Morrissey

Re: Coyote Eyes - 03/07/07 08:30 PM

Hey Richard,

Very nicely done. It is quite a portrait of the Coyote. There even seem to be catchlights in the eyes.

James
Posted By: Tony Bynum

Re: Coyote Eyes - 03/08/07 12:30 AM

nice capture!
Posted By: jamesdak

Re: Coyote Eyes - 03/08/07 01:49 PM

Very nice capture!
Posted By: glamson

Re: Coyote Eyes - 03/08/07 04:22 PM

Richard,

Great portrait of a much maligned animal. I am always impressed about how prolific the
Coyote is. Seems like there isn't anywhere in the US that these animals don't live. We have
a band that lives in open space near our home in Carlsbad that can be quite noisy at night
(just heard them the night before last).

One of these days I definitely want to get to the Great Smokeys.

Re: Coyote Eyes - 03/11/07 01:30 PM

Thank you, James, Tony, Jim, & Glamson.

James, he did turn himself at just the right moment for the light. Takes directions real good.

I saw my first coyote in East Tenn. about 15 years ago. People were talking about seeing 'wolves' but of course, it was just old Wiley migrating in. They have multiplied and are now very common and quite a pest to farmers with smaller livestock and pet owners. They are protected in the Smokies because the NPS determined that since they migrated in naturally, they are 'native species'. They are 'fair game' outside the park.

Glamson, every part of the country has it's scenic beauty, especially the dramatic landscapes of the West, but these old Smoky Mountains have an intrinsic beauty that's hard to match. Come on over sometime.

© 2024 The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum