03/29/08 03:11 PM
03/29/08 03:11 PM
Montana
Tony Bynum Offline
Pooh-Bah
Tony Bynum  Offline
Pooh-Bah

Montana
I forgot to mention, i dont have a gallery. I have one big print of mine on the wall, the rest of my walls are covered with paintings from around the world and a few maps of local areas. I have one wall in my room of shots i have taken of my children.

I have lots of my own prints, mostly I dont show them because I'm afraid that people wont like them, and there is that cost factor. I dont have the money for framing. . .

Nice thread though, I thought when I read the title that it would be cool to see what other's do. I'v always wondered what other's do with their own photos. . .

Tony

Re: Home gallery - let's see yours [Re: Tony Bynum] #14144
03/29/08 10:41 PM
03/29/08 10:41 PM
Manhattan, New York, New York
James Morrissey Offline
I
James Morrissey  Offline
I
Carpal Tunnel

Manhattan, New York, New York
Hey Everyone,

Where are you all getting your frames from? Any on-line affordable spots? This has been an area that has been a real limiter for me. I am able to get great 16x20 inch frames with 11x14 mattes at an affordable price. You start breaking that common size though, and they just get expensive (or the frames begin to look really cheap).

BTW, George, love all the panos you have on the wall. I have a ton of them myself - I just NEVER print them.

James

Re: Home gallery - let's see yours [Re: James Morrissey] #14145
03/30/08 11:22 AM
03/30/08 11:22 AM
Donner Summit, CA
glamson Offline OP
Veteran
glamson  Offline OP
Veteran

Donner Summit, CA
Quote:

Hey Everyone,

Where are you all getting your frames from? Any on-line affordable spots? This has been an area that has been a real limiter for me. I am able to get great 16x20 inch frames with 11x14 mattes at an affordable price. You start breaking that common size though, and they just get expensive (or the frames begin to look really cheap).

BTW, George, love all the panos you have on the wall. I have a ton of them myself - I just NEVER print them.

James

James,

I have commented on the framing and matting dilemma before. Actually it is becoming a pet peve of mine. The more people I talk to, the more it is becoming clear that many times it is the framing that prevents many people from displaying their work. After having gone through setting it all up myself, I realize just how much is involved and why there is a whole framing industry out there. It just seems to me that photography is all about the images and it is a shame that it is inhibited by the need to have just the right framing and matting that turns out to be prohibitively expensive.

All I can say is what would we do without the web and sites like this which act as a great venue for all of us to show our work. Granted there is nothing like a huge 30x36 print like one of Roman's, but just think how little photography we would all see if we didn't have the internet. I am so glad I invested in a 24" hires monitor so that I can really appreciate online photography.

Thanks again James for making the time and committment to keep this site as great as it is.

Geo

Re: Home gallery - let's see yours [Re: glamson] #14146
03/30/08 09:45 PM
03/30/08 09:45 PM
Manila, Philippines
G
Giovanni Offline
Wanderer
Giovanni  Offline
Wanderer
G

Manila, Philippines
Wow, you have a nice gallery out there! I wish i could have one like that in the future. Good luck!

Re: Home gallery - let's see yours [Re: Giovanni] #14147
03/31/08 10:34 AM
03/31/08 10:34 AM
Southern Ohio USA
Randall Offline
Traveler
Randall  Offline
Traveler

Southern Ohio USA
Great job Old Hand
When one walks into your entry foyer they would have to be impressed. It's obvious you have spent a lot of time and money capturing the shots and , matting , framing and displaying your work. Photography is a very personal thing and I can see where each of are coming from , but each has his or her own personal goal, not all is ment for gallery hanging. I'm kinda like Tony in that I don't hang a lot of my own work, I like this new country classic look I do. We live in a very small cabin in the woods , I dont have a lot of wall space no big foyer like yours , no foyer at all lol.
Here's what I do I print on canvas as large as I can , 13x19 presently. I wrap the top and bottom of the canvas around a small dowel rod about one inch and glue it . I then drill a small hole the same size as a leather shoe string into the ends of the top dowell rod and insert the leather throng into it and glue it in. the bottom dowell acts as a weighted ballast and hanging from the top dowell it looks kinda country classy. very easy to frame and very easy to make and very easy to sell I might add.
Thats mine Randall

Randall-FINE ART -- FOR THE HOME AND OFFICE[url=http://:fineartamerica.com/shop/randallbranham.html
Re: Home gallery - let's see yours [Re: Randall] #14148
03/31/08 01:30 PM
03/31/08 01:30 PM
Minnesota
Klarich Offline
Wanderer
Klarich  Offline
Wanderer

Minnesota
Wow, That is inspirational! Thanks for the ideas! I have some wall space that I should be putting to better use!

Mike Klarich
www.MikeKlarich.com
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 352 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
CTiefisher, DrSuse BlueDevil, airphotog, dwilson7878, carters paul
3317 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums6
Topics627
Posts989
Members3,317
Most Online629
Dec 4th, 2019

Copyright 2005 - 2020 Nature, Wildlife, and Pet Photography Forum. "NWPPhotoforum" and "nwpphotoforum.com" are the property of Nature, Wildlife, and Pet Photography Forum. All Rights Reserved. Wild Coyote Studio, New York Pet Photographer