L
lucy Offline OP
Tracker
lucy  Offline OP
Tracker
L

Kentucky, US
Hey guys....

Today turned out to be a very sad day. About 4 years ago, some people who owned the house down the street were foreclosed on and they left their cat. She came one day and she stayed. She became the "neighborhood" cat as she made 4 homes her "home". If she wasn't at one, just look around and she would be at another. She spent most of her days here in the house and would go out in the evening to visit everyone and make her rounds. I had noticed she was eating less, but figured she was being fed everywhere else. Then I realized she was losing weight so I decided to take her to the vet today. Seems she had tumor in her stomach that was spreading to her lungs. The vet explained that it was a losing battle and that things would only get worse. Unfortunately, I had to make the decision to let her go to "kitty heaven". While I knew it was the best thing, it was one of the hardest things I have ever had to do. She was always there to greet you every morning and when you came home from being gone. She will be missed terribly by everyone whose life she touched. She rode in my lap on the way to the vet and I am glad I let her.

If you have a dog or cat, take a minute to hug them and let them know how much you care.

Thanks for listening.
L

Re: A Sad Day [Re: lucy] #23421
06/13/09 05:47 PM
06/13/09 05:47 PM
Florida
Jim Garvie Offline
Addict
Jim Garvie  Offline
Addict

Florida
Lucy,
you did the right thing. Although, it is always the most difficult thing. You gave her shelter when she needed it most and she gave you companionship in return. Nice that she was generous enough to share herself with your other neighbors, too.

Our only responsibility to our pets is to love them as much as we can when they are with us and, when it's time, to let them go as painlessly as possible. And, of course, to never forget them. If there is a "kitty heaven", then she's there now telling everyone what a great co-mom you were.

We know how you feel. We share your grief.

Jim

Jim Garvie
www.jagphoto.biz
Re: A Sad Day [Re: Jim Garvie] #23422
06/14/09 09:11 PM
06/14/09 09:11 PM
Portland Oregon
RomanJohnston Offline
Pooh-Bah
RomanJohnston  Offline
Pooh-Bah

Portland Oregon
Touching story.....I let my cat know SEVERAL days how much she means to me. But then ALL my family gets the same knowledge EVERY day. Appreciation is the one true rule of our household.

May your passed friend live on forever in your memorys, and may many other wonderful souls enter your life and touch you as well.

Roman

Re: A Sad Day [Re: RomanJohnston] #23423
06/15/09 10:06 AM
06/15/09 10:06 AM
Kentucky, US
L
lucy Offline OP
Tracker
lucy  Offline OP
Tracker
L

Kentucky, US
Jim and Roman,

Thank you for the kind words....they are very much appreciated.

L

Re: A Sad Day [Re: lucy] #23424
06/30/09 05:56 AM
06/30/09 05:56 AM
United States
L
LilyPotter Offline
Wanderer
LilyPotter  Offline
Wanderer
L

United States
Lucy,
As Roman said, a really touching story. I can only imagine how you feel for loosing your kitty.
All our pets have shorter life than ours and everyone who love their pets have to face this. Its sad that we don't have so many medical advancements for vet as we have for humans. We can only pray god that the vet science is improved to treat such diseases.
And you did the right thing. Giving her the right facilities at the right moment.

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 392 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
CTiefisher, DrSuse BlueDevil, airphotog, dwilson7878, carters paul
3317 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums6
Topics627
Posts989
Members3,317
Most Online629
Dec 4th, 2019

Copyright 2005 - 2020 Nature, Wildlife, and Pet Photography Forum. "NWPPhotoforum" and "nwpphotoforum.com" are the property of Nature, Wildlife, and Pet Photography Forum. All Rights Reserved. Wild Coyote Studio, New York Pet Photographer