Escondido, CA, USA
R
rpcrowe Offline OP
Journeyman
rpcrowe  Offline OP
Journeyman
R

Escondido, CA, USA
It breaks my heart to see what humans do to their "best friends". There is no excuse to just dump a dog on the streets. A rescue organization is the way to go. You would think that community based animal shelters would be a good alternative. After-all, they are funded by you the taxpayer. Unfortunately, while some shelters provide humane conditions and adequate care, others such as SEAACA of the Los Angeles, California area, provide deplorable care.

Here is the story of Snuggles who was a healthy 14-pound Malrese when he was placed in the care of that horrible place:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfIEahZsS3E

This is what he looks like now as we picked him up from our veterinarian. He weighed less than six pounds after his stay at SEAACA and he was too weak to lift his leg to urinate. He would fall over when he tried!. But, he is lucky to be alive. No thanks to SEAACA!!!

The American Maltese Rescue will nurse him back to health and help him find a new furever home.

If you have a dog in the United States that you need to re-home, please contact a dog rescue agency in your area so that the dog will get proper care and a chance to find a safe and comfortable home. Rescue agencies can be found at [url=www.petfinder.com]www.petfinder.com[/url]...

Petfinder is also an excellent resource for finding a companion and saving the life of a rescue animal. I am sure that the U.K, N.Z., Australia and other countires have equivalent rescue sites...

My wife and I work with the Americal Maltese Association Rescue and Doodle Rescue Collective, Inc.

Re: Snuggles and the Shelter [Re: rpcrowe] #36088
08/17/11 12:48 PM
08/17/11 12:48 PM
Manhattan, New York, New York
James Morrissey Offline
I
James Morrissey  Offline
I
Carpal Tunnel

Manhattan, New York, New York
Hi Richard,

Sorry the poor dog is in such horrid shape. That's is just horrible. 100% agreed on Petfinder. It is an excellent resource for people who wish to help a critter.

James

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 452 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
CTiefisher, DrSuse BlueDevil, airphotog, dwilson7878, carters paul
3317 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums6
Topics627
Posts989
Members3,317
Most Online629
Dec 4th, 2019

Copyright 2005 - 2020 Nature, Wildlife, and Pet Photography Forum. "NWPPhotoforum" and "nwpphotoforum.com" are the property of Nature, Wildlife, and Pet Photography Forum. All Rights Reserved. Wild Coyote Studio, New York Pet Photographer