01/28/12 04:14 PM
01/28/12 04:14 PM
Florida
Jim Garvie Offline OP
Addict
Jim Garvie  Offline OP
Addict

Florida
Well, today, Scampy turns 5 months old and this week he started his puppy obedience class. He's very bright, very confident and loves to learn new things. Today, we actually started stacking him for the first time since he was a small puppy with the idea that in a month, he can actually start competing in Conformation shows. The good news: he has very high food drive. The bad news from my right thumb: he has very high food drive smile. But high food drive means he'll focus on the bait in the ring and pretty much ignore everything else. That's good.

I thought I'd share the results of the stacking session. Keep in mind that since I do the stacking and training, Linda is stuck with the photo responsibility. I think she did great in this session. First of all, here's a stacked shot of Scampy.

We really like where he is right now. His topline is quite nice, his front and rear are true and he has nice forechest. He has quite a bit of rear angulation -- which he comes by legitimately -- but that also allows him to fly when he moves. I'd rather my dogs have a little too much rear angulation than too little. His head is a work in progress but it reminds me of Rowdy's at the same age so I have confidence that it will come in nicely. As a comparison, here's a shot of Scampy's daddy, Max.

And his granddaddy, Rowdy.

That shot of Max was taken when he was six years old; the one of Rowdy when he was 10 years old.

As you may remember, this litter is line-bred on Rowdy who is both the litter's grandfather and its great grandfather (Max's dad/Juneau's granddad) so it's fairly obvious what we were after. But more than just physically. We wanted a dog that has Rowdy's personality. It's a bit early to tell, but Scampy's confidence and love of both people and other animals is a good indicator. More pics later as Scampy gets ready to enter the ring.

Jim

Jim Garvie
www.jagphoto.biz
Re: Scamp At 5 Months Of Age [Re: Jim Garvie] #38149
01/30/12 12:43 AM
01/30/12 12:43 AM
Manhattan, New York, New York
James Morrissey Offline
I
James Morrissey  Offline
I
Carpal Tunnel

Manhattan, New York, New York
Thanks for sharing, Jim. It seems like you feel he is very promising. That makes me happy. :P

James

Re: Scamp At 5 Months Of Age [Re: James Morrissey] #38188
02/06/12 09:36 PM
02/06/12 09:36 PM
CA
StarrLight Offline
Veteran
StarrLight  Offline
Veteran

CA
He's gorgeous Jim.

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 266 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
CTiefisher, DrSuse BlueDevil, airphotog, dwilson7878, carters paul
3317 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums6
Topics627
Posts989
Members3,317
Most Online629
Dec 4th, 2019

Copyright 2005 - 2020 Nature, Wildlife, and Pet Photography Forum. "NWPPhotoforum" and "nwpphotoforum.com" are the property of Nature, Wildlife, and Pet Photography Forum. All Rights Reserved. Wild Coyote Studio, New York Pet Photographer