10/26/06 12:40 PM
10/26/06 12:40 PM
J
JeffDinPA Offline OP
Old hand
JeffDinPA  Offline OP
Old hand
J

Like I mentioned in my last post of Lehigh Gorge State Park, I was going to revisit the area but from the other side of the river. Well I did, just this past weekend and what a beautiful day it was. With temps in the low 50°s the 9 plus mile hike was a breeze. The overlooks are just amazing and the views better yet. There were clouds most of the day, but as I took a break at the two different outlooks, I got a clearing long enough to get a few directly lit lat day shots. I liked the other side and will return this winter, but this side of the river is better yet. Here are a few examples.

Thanks, Jeff
Re: Lehigh Gorge State Park take two [Re: JeffDinPA] #5579
10/28/06 12:59 AM
10/28/06 12:59 AM
Manhattan, New York, New York
James Morrissey Offline
I
James Morrissey  Offline
I
Carpal Tunnel

Manhattan, New York, New York
Hey Jeff,

The second shot is pretty breath taking (one word or two?)! The colors are rich and nice and the composition is very good. The other two photos are also nice, but the second really takes the cake for me.

-James

Re: Lehigh Gorge State Park take two [Re: James Morrissey] #5580
10/29/06 02:27 AM
10/29/06 02:27 AM
Salt Lake City, Utah
Marty Everhard Offline
Old hand
Marty Everhard  Offline
Old hand

Salt Lake City, Utah
Awesome . Just Awesome. Sky in number 1 coolest sky of the three. Homes in back of number two kinda don't work for me but that is just my problem also it has line that leads me out of the photo but it has the best contrast of the three. Number three is an awesome composition all around, maybe you could paste a different sky on it, it looks like a shot that would sell to me. It would sure be on display if I took it.
Easy to say sitting here since I didn't have to pack my gear 9 miles!
I will post my favorite 3 fall shots above so you can return the favor! I think they are excellent shots though. You had best enjoy it they will turn brown in a few weeks!

Re: Lehigh Gorge State Park take two [Re: Marty Everhard] #5581
11/04/06 12:11 PM
11/04/06 12:11 PM
J
JeffDinPA Offline OP
Old hand
JeffDinPA  Offline OP
Old hand
J

Thanks James! It is interesting how different shots appeal to different people. I like the second one, I wouldn't have posted it had I disliked it. But for me the first is the most appealing. But thank you much, when you get out here I'll have to take you to this location, the actual view is very breathtaking.

Marty, the comments are very appreciated. I honestly hadn't looked that closely at the sky, it is pretty cool. I had mixed opinions on the town(Jim Thopre, PA) in the background but it was there and I had few options. I was also disappointed in the sky in the third shoot, I was slightly disappointed after hiking 4 miles on what forecasters said would be a sunny day, only to have overcast skies. But thanks, I to was very pleased with the view.

Hopefully next year I will have more opportunities and clear skies. And you are right, the leaves all browned and fell very quickly, I was lucky to hit the area at just the right time this year. Between work schedules and weather conditions it can be very difficult to hit the woods at the peak color since it is such a short window.

Thanks, Jeff

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 555 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
CTiefisher, DrSuse BlueDevil, airphotog, dwilson7878, carters paul
3317 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums6
Topics627
Posts989
Members3,317
Most Online629
Dec 4th, 2019

Copyright �2005 - 2020 Nature, Wildlife, and Pet Photography Forum. "NWPPhotoforum" and "nwpphotoforum.com" are the property of Nature, Wildlife, and Pet Photography Forum. All Rights Reserved. Wild Coyote Studio, New York Pet Photographer