09/08/07 01:31 PM
09/08/07 01:31 PM
Dumas, Texas
gll Offline
Tracker
gll  Offline
Tracker

Dumas, Texas
Grow Vaunt, My GPS gets it wrong to, Last Sept I sat on a picnic table there and photographed a Bull Moose. had about an hours just me and the moose. I hope they are there again this year.

Re: Finally getting to Yellowstone [Re: gll] #10290
09/09/07 06:50 PM
09/09/07 06:50 PM
Manhattan, New York, New York
James Morrissey Offline
I
James Morrissey  Offline
I
Carpal Tunnel

Grose Ventre is a great place to view moose. There was a monster sized one that I saw on the way to the airport last year. My brother and father, who were staying later than my wife and I, photographed the guy for hours. We had seen him on several occasions prior - but nothing we could get close too. LOL, my sib and I trecked down through the marsh to go photograph the cow and her baby hoping to also capture the big guy. No such luck. I got VERY wet, LOL.

James

Re: Finally getting to Yellowstone [Re: James Morrissey] #10291
09/09/07 11:32 PM
09/09/07 11:32 PM
Dumas, Texas
gll Offline
Tracker
gll  Offline
Tracker

Dumas, Texas
when I pulled into the campground I saw a smallish bull bolt across the campground to the marsh area, everyone took off after him , I looked back where he came from and the big fellow was there, its really fun when you have a big bull all to yourself

Re: Finally getting to Yellowstone [Re: gll] #10292
09/10/07 02:38 PM
09/10/07 02:38 PM
James Morrissey Offline
I
James Morrissey  Offline
I
Carpal Tunnel

The one we saw last year was absolutely immense. I was cursing the entire time that I saw him while driving on the way to the airport. His rack was somewhat cracked up from the sparring that it looked like he had been doing. It seemed a bit odd as that is a bit early in the season for the moose, who does not begin the rut until a bit later, I had thought.

James

Re: Finally getting to Yellowstone [Re: James Morrissey] #10293
09/12/07 04:59 PM
09/12/07 04:59 PM
James Morrissey Offline
I
James Morrissey  Offline
I
Carpal Tunnel

9 Days and counting....I am still trying to add some places for my pop, who is not as mobile as he has been in the past. If folks have any additional ideas, please feel free to drop me a note.

-JM

I am cursed! [Re: James Morrissey] #10294
09/19/07 05:16 PM
09/19/07 05:16 PM
Eden (no really!)
J
jamesdak Offline OP
Old hand
jamesdak  Offline OP
Old hand
J

Eden (no really!)
Auugghhh! The AC just went out in the Minivan again. This will be the 4th time back in for this problem in a month and half. They dealer obviously does not know how to really fix it. It keeps shredding the compression. I wouldn't care but the A/C system has to be working for the drier function with the defrosters in cold weather. It goes to the dealer Thursday which is when I was going to leave for Yellowstone. Something always seems to come up when I have a trip to there planned.

Re: I am cursed! [Re: jamesdak] #10295
09/22/07 04:42 PM
James Morrissey Offline
I
James Morrissey  Offline
I
Carpal Tunnel

Well, we are out here ourselves. We are taking a break, and fortunately, there is an internet connection. We almost did not make it due to some family emergencies that cropped up at the last minute. However, we decided to make the trip anyway. Glad we did. This morning, we photographed Schwabacher's Landing (sp) and later saw a juvenile male. Unfortunately, the sunrise yielded no exciting color, but it was still pretty none the less. Right now, the sky is completely cloudy. Bright enough that it is perfect for wildlife.

Tomorrow, we are planning on photographing sunrise at Oxbox Bend. I understand that there is a monster sized bull out there.

No photographs to show yet. We are heading out for sunset in a bit. Hopefully there will be one.

James

Re: I am cursed! [Re: jamesdak] #10296
James Morrissey Offline
I
James Morrissey  Offline
I
Carpal Tunnel

Well, we are out here ourselves. We are taking a break, and fortunately, there is an internet connection. We almost did not make it due to some family emergencies that cropped up at the last minute. However, we decided to make the trip anyway. Glad we did. This morning, we photographed Schwabacher's Landing (sp) and later saw a juvenile male. Unfortunately, the sunrise yielded no exciting color, but it was still pretty none the less. Right now, the sky is completely cloudy. Bright enough that it is perfect for wildlife.

Tomorrow, we are planning on photographing sunrise at Oxbox Bend. I understand that there is a monster sized bull out there.

No photographs to show yet. We are heading out for sunset in a bit. Hopefully there will be one.

James

Re: I am cursed! [Re: James Morrissey] #10297
09/22/07 10:38 PM
09/22/07 10:38 PM
Eden (no really!)
J
jamesdak Offline OP
Old hand
jamesdak  Offline OP
Old hand
J

Eden (no really!)
Well, I did get some vidication for me problems. Since I could get to Yellowstone I went up to my local mountain shooting spot early Friday Morning. I got a few shots of a young bull moose and then moved higher up the mountain. I spotted two moose down in a meadow and set off after them. Turned out to be two bulls! I got to spend about and hour working them as they moved and sparred with each other. Tough shooting conditions as they were in shadow and backlit most of the time. They where in a narrow meadow with steep ridges on both sides and I couldn't get around them to put the sun at my back. The pictures are nothing special but being so close to this was quite special. It's been storming most of today but I'm hoping for good shots again tomorrow morning.

Re: I am cursed! [Re: jamesdak] #10298
09/23/07 10:07 AM
09/23/07 10:07 AM
James Morrissey Offline
I
James Morrissey  Offline
I
Carpal Tunnel

Hey James,

I hear what you are saying about the experience. My wife and I were saying that last night. It has been raining steadily since yesterday afternoon - and it has not really stopped us - we still drove out for sunset last night and took some photos in the rain. Some of them may come out - though LOL, probably most won't.

The experience is everything. The photos just document it.

-James

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 359 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
CTiefisher, DrSuse BlueDevil, airphotog, dwilson7878, carters paul
3317 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums6
Topics627
Posts989
Members3,317
Most Online629
Dec 4th, 2019

Copyright 2005 - 2020 Nature, Wildlife, and Pet Photography Forum. "NWPPhotoforum" and "nwpphotoforum.com" are the property of Nature, Wildlife, and Pet Photography Forum. All Rights Reserved. Wild Coyote Studio, New York Pet Photographer