02/19/08 01:06 PM
Florida
Jim Garvie Offline OP
Addict
Jim Garvie  Offline OP
Addict

Florida
Quote:

And btw, what IS it with the ear licking? I have had two of those so far! funny!

Marta,
I don't know but after careful (?) research, I can tell you that it is a genetic trait that tends to skip generations. Rowdy's grandson, Sundance, is an ear-licker par excellence. He'll climb into your lap (well, half of him anyway) and just gently lick your ear with that big, long tongue of his.

Hope we get to meet you someday soon.

Jim

Jim Garvie
www.jagphoto.biz
Re: Happy 10th Birthday, Rowdy! [Re: Jim Garvie] #13237
02/19/08 01:23 PM
02/19/08 01:23 PM
Colorado
MartaA Offline
Journeyman
MartaA  Offline
Journeyman

Colorado
Quote:

Hope we get to meet you someday soon.

Jim

Well.....ya knoooooooooooowwww....
Our Mile High Golden retriever club IS hosting the GRCA National specialty in 2010!
But then again, morelikely for us to be hitting DisneyW with the nephews before tooo much longer!

Re: Happy 10th Birthday, Rowdy! [Re: MartaA] #13238
02/20/08 04:58 AM
02/20/08 04:58 AM
Wyoming, USA
H
Holmes Offline
Wanderer
Holmes  Offline
Wanderer
H

Wyoming, USA
What a gorgeous dog.

Happy Birthday to ya, Rowdy!

Re: Happy 10th Birthday, Rowdy! [Re: Holmes] #13239
02/20/08 09:57 PM
02/20/08 09:57 PM
Florida
Jim Garvie Offline OP
Addict
Jim Garvie  Offline OP
Addict

Florida
Thanks, Gaylon,

Today, Rowdy got bathed, groomed and had is teeth scraped. He's showing tomorrow in Veterans at the Seminole Rottweiler Club of Tallahassee Specialty in Valdosta, GA. His long-time handler, Kimm McDowell, flew in from Michigan to stay with us and present him at the show (along with a slew of other -- less important dogs) and she did the tooth scraping.

James, Rowdy layed on the sofa with his head in my lap while Kimm scraped the tartar off of his rear teeth. He never complained or moved. I challenge anyone on this list to do that with their dog and still have hands (I held his mouth open for the procedure). And Rowdy is truly a Rottweiler. Sweet, gentle, confident, understanding, empathic and incredibly showy. Nice combination!

Rowdy is off to Valdosta and I'm home with the "pack". Linda is going to the shows for the next two weeks while I take care of the dogs and get work done. Sorry there won't be photos from that show. Maybe from the Dane Specialties I'm shooting next weekend.

Jim

Jim Garvie
www.jagphoto.biz
Re: Happy 10th Birthday, Rowdy! [Re: Jim Garvie] #13240
02/21/08 05:25 PM
02/21/08 05:25 PM
Florida
Jim Garvie Offline OP
Addict
Jim Garvie  Offline OP
Addict

Florida
Just a note to let you know that Rowdy went Best Veteran In Specialty today at the Seminole Rottweiler Club Specialty Show in Valdosta, Georgia. Rowdy competed out of the 10-12 Year Veteran Dog Class.

Earlier, he had taken Best Of Opposite Sex in the Veteran Sweepstakes. The girl that went Best Veteran In Sweepstakes was Ch Annihaus Lady Of The Night CD (Prowler) who we bred and is an Annie daughter. Rowdy was delighted to have his picture taken with his girlfriend, Prowler.

While Linda and I are delighted about the results, it has been difficult enough to deal with the fact that Annie and Rowdy are Veterans. To come to the realization that the second litter of puppies we ever bred (we've only bred three) is now old enough to show in Veterans is very sobering.

Reports from mom are that Rowdy had an absolutely wonderful time both in and out of the ring.

Jim

Jim Garvie
www.jagphoto.biz
Re: Happy 10th Birthday, Rowdy! [Re: Jim Garvie] #13241
02/22/08 03:26 AM
02/22/08 03:26 AM
Washington
D
Dee Dee Offline
Veteran
Dee Dee  Offline
Veteran
D

Washington
Fantastic Jim! Congrats to Rowdy, Annie and all of you!! Very deserving. (pics???). I know what you mean about the veteran thing, man time goes by WAY too fast doesn't it! It's really amazing sometimes to think how fast, and as you say, super scary.

My Web Site www.deedeemurry.com
Re: Happy 10th Birthday, Rowdy! [Re: Dee Dee] #13242
02/22/08 09:36 AM
02/22/08 09:36 AM
Florida
Jim Garvie Offline OP
Addict
Jim Garvie  Offline OP
Addict

Florida
Dee Dee,
wish I had pics -- when the formals get here I'll post them -- but I unfortunately was back here in Orlando getting out images for advertising deadlines and taking care of the remaining sextet of "bad dogs". There were some action photographers at the show so I'm hoping they got a moving shot of Mr. R.

This veterans thing gives me mixed feelings: while I'm a little depressed that the dogs I love are getting older, I'm delighted with how they are aging. Rowdy and Annie still act like puppies and still love to show and that tells me that the time we spent getting them their championships was not an ordeal for them. They enjoyed it.

I've always tried to train with love and play and now I see how that pays off in the long run. And that's very rewarding feedback.

Jim

Jim Garvie
www.jagphoto.biz
Re: Happy 10th Birthday, Rowdy! [Re: Jim Garvie] #13243
02/22/08 11:03 PM
02/22/08 11:03 PM
Washington
D
Dee Dee Offline
Veteran
Dee Dee  Offline
Veteran
D

Washington
I hope there are some good shots. Too bad you didn't get to be there. But yes I agree it's great testiment to how you trained them. I am the same way, to me the (good) time spent with my dog is worth WAY more than any ribbons or titles. Hallie too is always so anxious to train, it's so much more fun for both of us that way.

Hallie is now 7 and I can hardly believe it...she is my one and only. I swear I'm going to have to go out with her one day, I could never bear life without that little girl with me. I have never been this in love with anything and I've had some great love stories with my last dogs. There are very few times when we aren't together she even goes shopping with me pretty much everywhere, in her stroller.

My Web Site www.deedeemurry.com
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 352 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
CTiefisher, DrSuse BlueDevil, airphotog, dwilson7878, carters paul
3317 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums6
Topics627
Posts989
Members3,317
Most Online876
Apr 25th, 2024

Copyright 2005 - 2020 Nature, Wildlife, and Pet Photography Forum. "NWPPhotoforum" and "nwpphotoforum.com" are the property of Nature, Wildlife, and Pet Photography Forum. All Rights Reserved. Wild Coyote Studio, New York Pet Photographer