Wanderer
tgarrett  Offline
Wanderer
T

Texas Panhandle
To All,
I, like gll interpeted the law as applying to CHL holders
and not to others. So, Tony, James and the others who
opposed the new law, I sincerely apologize for my misunderstanding and insistance that it would be ok. Today
I did some research into the matter which I should have done
before opening my big mouth. Sure enough it looks like the
new deal will allow anyone who can legally own a gun to bring it into the NPs. I am opposed to that arrangement.
As an NRA member, I am suprised that they are apparently
backing the proposed change.
Tom Garrett

Re: Photography, Guns, and National Parks? [Re: tgarrett] #13399
03/03/08 08:50 PM
03/03/08 08:50 PM
Dumas, Texas
gll Offline
Tracker
gll  Offline
Tracker

Dumas, Texas
Well as I said I'm against open carry by anyone. as for life being more dangerous I really don't think the gun and drug trafficking people care what the laws are, I think they will do it any way, someone wanting to smuggle a bomb in is not going to be stopped by a gun law.
And again I thought we were talking permitted carry, this seems to be a different horse now

Re: Photography, Guns, and National Parks? [Re: RomanJohnston] #13400
03/08/08 09:37 AM
03/08/08 09:37 AM
west Michigan, USA
jadlh Offline
Old hand
jadlh  Offline
Old hand

west Michigan, USA
I don't really have a problem with people carrying guns in Parks, it would be the idiots that use them for the wrong purpose...but then isn't it that way anywhere in the US?
There have been police officers that have used guns in the incorrect manner as well as DNR officers, so with the thinking all guns should be banned then of course they too would not have guns?...Yah,right!
Guns don't kill animals or people, so maybe we should ban people.
The point is I have a couple of guns, I do not take them into parks, but if I did it would be for protection from wildlife that I would feel threatened from, be it wolves or bears. I am not a hunter as I lost that desire 20 years ago, now I take my camera.
I might like to take my gun with me if I:
1. Felt that I would be threatened overnight in a Park as animals larger than me might think I would be food or I had food
2. Felt that I would be more comfortable in the woods with a gun as my photography might alarm a big animal.
With all that said, it wouldn't bother me if I was allowed to take a gun into a Park and if others had one as well, then I would feel safer with one.

Nolad Mechadesh
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 450 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
CTiefisher, DrSuse BlueDevil, airphotog, dwilson7878, carters paul
3317 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums6
Topics627
Posts989
Members3,317
Most Online629
Dec 4th, 2019

Copyright 2005 - 2020 Nature, Wildlife, and Pet Photography Forum. "NWPPhotoforum" and "nwpphotoforum.com" are the property of Nature, Wildlife, and Pet Photography Forum. All Rights Reserved. Wild Coyote Studio, New York Pet Photographer