Canada
S
Skeeter Offline OP
Tracker
Skeeter  Offline OP
Tracker
S

Canada
Definitely getting sick of winter, and so far, there are NO signs of spring here in Ontario I was looking through my photo's from last spring and came across this one of my Stafford, Kelly, from mid-April. That's at least 6 more weeks until we get some green stuff appearing

On the positive side, I've spent a lot of time this winter learning how to shoot in snowy conditions, and specifically with my black Stafford, Gus. Have had mixed success...some days I seem to nail the exposure while other days the results are a complete disaster Here's a photo from one of the better days

Bored out of my tree and anxiously awaiting spring...

Kim
Re: Where is Spring??? [Re: Skeeter] #13517
03/02/08 09:18 PM
03/02/08 09:18 PM
Canada
S
Skeeter Offline OP
Tracker
Skeeter  Offline OP
Tracker
S

Canada
Nobody likes my piccies???

Kim
Re: Where is Spring??? [Re: Skeeter] #13518
03/30/08 04:18 PM
03/30/08 04:18 PM
Illinois
Peggy Sue Offline
Pooh-Bah
Peggy Sue  Offline
Pooh-Bah

Illinois
Hi Kim,

I just looked at your zenfolio and yes, I do like your images. Especially the Scottie in the snow. No one has responded to my spring thing either so don't feel bad.

Looking forward to more posts of your images. And of course your comments on others work.

Peggy Sue
Re: Where is Spring??? [Re: Skeeter] #13519
03/30/08 07:15 PM
03/30/08 07:15 PM
Donner Summit, CA
glamson Offline
Veteran
glamson  Offline
Veteran

Donner Summit, CA
Quote:

Definitely getting sick of winter, and so far, there are NO signs of spring here in Ontario I was looking through my photo's from last spring and came across this one of my Stafford, Kelly, from mid-April. That's at least 6 more weeks until we get some green stuff appearing

On the positive side, I've spent a lot of time this winter learning how to shoot in snowy conditions, and specifically with my black Stafford, Gus. Have had mixed success...some days I seem to nail the exposure while other days the results are a complete disaster Here's a photo from one of the better days

Bored out of my tree and anxiously awaiting spring...

Kim,

FYI, I don't see any of your pics, just place holders from Photobucket. I quoted your post with the image links to
show you what I'm getting.

To answer your question, Spring is alive and well in Southern California. Here is a pano of an area along the Del Dios highway in Escondido.
This area was completely burned in the wildfires from last summer. With the well
spaced rains we had this winter, the wildflowers abound. Hope this helps with the winter blues.

Geo

Re: Where is Spring??? [Re: Peggy Sue] #13520
03/30/08 09:42 PM
03/30/08 09:42 PM
Canada
S
Skeeter Offline OP
Tracker
Skeeter  Offline OP
Tracker
S

Canada
Quote:

Hi Kim,

I just looked at your zenfolio and yes, I do like your images. Especially the Scottie in the snow. No one has responded to my spring thing either so don't feel bad.

Looking forward to more posts of your images. And of course your comments on others work.

Thanks, Peggy Sue I actually took the photos down as there was no interest in them. I have a different shooting style than the majority of folks on here I guess.

So, I think I'll stick to lurking

Kim
Re: Where is Spring??? [Re: glamson] #13521
03/30/08 09:47 PM
03/30/08 09:47 PM
Canada
S
Skeeter Offline OP
Tracker
Skeeter  Offline OP
Tracker
S

Canada
Quote:

FYI, I don't see any of your pics, just place holders from Photobucket. I quoted your post with the image links to show you what I'm getting.[/quote)

Sorry, Geo, I pulled them. I put them up a month ago and these are the first reponses to the post.

Your pano is GORGEOUS!!!!!! I'm soooo envious! We still have snow here, and lots of MUD where the snow has melted. Have to do laundry after every walk with the dogs lol!

Thanks for your interest

Kim
Re: Where is Spring??? [Re: Skeeter] #13522
03/30/08 09:58 PM
03/30/08 09:58 PM
st. petersburg, florida, usa a...
V
Visceral Image Offline
Old hand
Visceral Image  Offline
Old hand
V

st. petersburg, florida, usa a...
Kim

I looked at your zenfolio, your style seems to be same as others here, I would like to see the photos, please repost.

Sometimes I get real busy and do not comment, does not indicate I did not enjoy the posts

Re: Where is Spring??? [Re: Visceral Image] #13523
03/31/08 09:17 AM
03/31/08 09:17 AM
TN
Julie Offline
Addict
Julie  Offline
Addict

TN
I think sometimes it is just a matter of timing whether you get a lot of responses or not. Of course it is up to you whether to post or not. I think we all have different styles here and if everyone had the same style, that would not be a good thing

Photos that tend to get a lot of responses tend to be ones that either need direction or are way over the top good. Nice photos that don't need a lot of critique tend to not get a ton of attention as there is not much to say to "help"

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 368 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
CTiefisher, DrSuse BlueDevil, airphotog, dwilson7878, carters paul
3317 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums6
Topics627
Posts989
Members3,317
Most Online629
Dec 4th, 2019

Copyright 2005 - 2020 Nature, Wildlife, and Pet Photography Forum. "NWPPhotoforum" and "nwpphotoforum.com" are the property of Nature, Wildlife, and Pet Photography Forum. All Rights Reserved. Wild Coyote Studio, New York Pet Photographer