O
odessit Offline OP
Wanderer
odessit  Offline OP
Wanderer
O

Brooklyn, NY
Hi.
I am trying to plan a trip to the Acadia park (from NY) whit the options for a few stops on the way some where on the Main coast. I would appreciate for any recommendations like when and where to go ( month, spot/place to check, maybe somebody have photo from these areas with the GPS data in the EXIF).

Thanks

Re: Planning a trip [Re: odessit] #14274
04/01/08 12:14 AM
04/01/08 12:14 AM
Alaska
D
DavidRamey Offline
Veteran
DavidRamey  Offline
Veteran
D

Alaska
Quote:

.... maybe somebody have photo from these areas with the GPS data in the EXIF).

Thanks

If you just want to duplicate someone else's vacation, why not save some money and just BUY their photos and stay at home?

What has happened to the photographers today that they won't go out and find THEIR own places to photograph instead of duplicating other's work? What happened to our sense of adventure? Asking for gps data so you can get in the same spot within 3 meters?.... sheesh!!!!

Just drive up the coast and photograph what appeals to you. You would enjoy the photos better because they are what YOU saw and liked instead of what somebody else saw and liked.

David Ramey Photography
Re: Planning a trip [Re: DavidRamey] #14275
04/01/08 12:20 PM
04/01/08 12:20 PM
Brooklyn, NY
O
odessit Offline OP
Wanderer
odessit  Offline OP
Wanderer
O

Brooklyn, NY
Quote:

Quote:

.... maybe somebody have photo from these areas with the GPS data in the EXIF).

Thanks

If you just want to duplicate someone else's vacation, why not save some money and just BUY their photos and stay at home?

What has happened to the photographers today that they won't go out and find THEIR own places to photograph instead of duplicating other's work? What happened to our sense of adventure? Asking for gps data so you can get in the same spot within 3 meters?.... sheesh!!!!

Just drive up the coast and photograph what appeals to you. You would enjoy the photos better because they are what YOU saw and liked instead of what somebody else saw and liked.

Do you know how many people photograph the Brooklyn Bridge or Death Valley or Blue Ridge Pkway or ...? So you want to say that all these photo are identical ?!?
The reason I was asking is because I am not familiar with this area at all.

Re: Planning a trip [Re: odessit] #14276
04/02/08 10:15 AM
04/02/08 10:15 AM
Arizona
daveman Offline
Old hand
daveman  Offline
Old hand

Arizona
I agree - it is of course a perfectly reasonable question to ask people for advice of where to go before going somewhere. It does not mean you are going to copy someones pictures - I do not think you should have to defend that you asked the question.

I have never been to that part of the country so sorry I cannot help.

See my stuff here davedilli.zenfolio.com
Re: Planning a trip [Re: odessit] #14277
04/02/08 02:02 PM
04/02/08 02:02 PM
E
earline Offline
Tracker
earline  Offline
Tracker
E

I hope you have fun on your trip to Acadia. I used to live in Brunswick and also outside Bangor. If you are looking for some picturesque coastal pictures ( lobster traps, fishing boats, etc) then you may want to stop in the Casco Bay area. I remember taking a few trips to Bailey Island, and it was quite lovely. That was many years ago though (25 years). Slightly further north and east from the Casco Bay area you will run into Boothbay Harbor. I remember a few beautiful foggy mornings there.

It's hard to go wrong when travelling along the Maine coast. It's all so beautiful. Good luck!

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 365 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
CTiefisher, DrSuse BlueDevil, airphotog, dwilson7878, carters paul
3317 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums6
Topics627
Posts989
Members3,317
Most Online629
Dec 4th, 2019

Copyright 2005 - 2020 Nature, Wildlife, and Pet Photography Forum. "NWPPhotoforum" and "nwpphotoforum.com" are the property of Nature, Wildlife, and Pet Photography Forum. All Rights Reserved. Wild Coyote Studio, New York Pet Photographer