Eden (no really!)
J
jamesdak Offline OP
Old hand
jamesdak  Offline OP
Old hand
J

Eden (no really!)
Ok, my mother-in-law is coming in May to see my son graduate. My wife wants to take her to Yellowstone for a day or two. We'll be driving up from northern Utah sometime in the week of May 20th. Any suggestions on cheap by nice rooms somewhere around West Yellowstone? Also suggestions on wildlife that time of year would be helpful. I can't believe I've been back out here almost 3 years now and still have never been to Yellowstone.
Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Jim

Re: Trying to get to Yellowstone yet again (lodgin [Re: jamesdak] #14767
04/22/08 05:27 PM
04/22/08 05:27 PM
Manhattan, New York, New York
James Morrissey Offline
I
James Morrissey  Offline
I
Carpal Tunnel

Manhattan, New York, New York
Hey Jim,

LOL, 'cheap' and 'nice' are often different things. West Yellowstone definitely has a range of different places. If you are looking for 'cheap,' try the 3 Bears. Chanthee and I stayed there last year for about 55/night. It is a place to flop but has all of the basics...which is generally all I need.

If you are looking for something on the high end, try the Hibernation Station. It is pricey, but the rooms are spectacular. Prices were very reasonable the first time we booked there - they have nearly doubled since. The outside looks cheesy, but the suites are large and clean.

There are many places to examine in the middle also. There are several large hotel chains in West Yellowstone these days.

As to places to go - I have never gone that early in the season. Later on in the summer, you will have several large elk herds just inside the West Gate. For buffalo, try the hayden valley near the mud pots. They are often around the midway geyser basin also. For bear, the area from Mammoth to the Grand Canyon of the Yellowstone have been where I have been most successful.

James

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 441 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
CTiefisher, DrSuse BlueDevil, airphotog, dwilson7878, carters paul
3317 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums6
Topics627
Posts989
Members3,317
Most Online629
Dec 4th, 2019

Copyright 2005 - 2020 Nature, Wildlife, and Pet Photography Forum. "NWPPhotoforum" and "nwpphotoforum.com" are the property of Nature, Wildlife, and Pet Photography Forum. All Rights Reserved. Wild Coyote Studio, New York Pet Photographer