06/08/08 09:29 AM
06/08/08 09:29 AM
North Carolina, triangle area
wallyspop Offline
Old hand
wallyspop  Offline
Old hand

Jim, absolutely amazing and adorable. I'm still looking for that tea cup that would fit them even at 2 weeks, much less when full grown!

By the way, some priceless shots as well!

Re: Puppy Pics [Re: Jim Garvie] #15372
06/08/08 11:51 AM
06/08/08 11:51 AM
TN
Julie Offline
Addict
Julie  Offline
Addict

TN
They are so cute and growing so fast!! I really enjoyed the puppies at my house. They were really a feel good thing. I didn't enjoy getting up to let them out really early, but, I LOVED the early puppy stage when I could cuddle them in my shirt and they would be still

Re: Puppy Pics [Re: Julie] #15373
06/11/08 06:25 PM
06/11/08 06:25 PM
Florida
Jim Garvie Offline OP
Addict
Jim Garvie  Offline OP
Addict

Florida
Well, today marks their third week anniversary and they were visited by our friend Jessica, her sister, her daughter Serenity and her nephew. The puppies had 2 hrs. of constant companionship in the whelping box and they played -- and slept -- and played -- and slept some more.

I continue to be amazed at the puppies' response to people. At this point in their development, they are just figuring out how to interact with each other and their mom. People are generally not on the list of species to relate to but these guys really love people. This first shot is of Jessica with Mr. Lt Green and Mr Teal. They seem to be saying "wow. Have we hit the jackpot!"

Serenity fell in love with Ms Pink and it appears that it was a reciprocal emotion. Serenity and Ms Pink.

The puppies have started taking milk supplement in addition to draining Ms Cassidy every 5 hrs. We are moving to more milk supplement and less Cassidy in order to start the weaning process. Once we get the bowl with the gruel down and have them wading in it, I'll send pics. Believe me, you'll enjoy it almost as much as we will.

Jim

Jim Garvie
www.jagphoto.biz
Re: Puppy Pics [Re: Jim Garvie] #15374
06/11/08 07:43 PM
06/11/08 07:43 PM
ny
pawprintz Offline
Tracker
pawprintz  Offline
Tracker

ny
they're lookin great! what chunkers...what do 3wk old rotties weigh in at?

i'll have to post some puppy pictures too...went to go visit my great grandbullies on sunday (10 days old) & got a few nice pictures. wish i had the lighting you do!

liz

Re: Puppy Pics [Re: pawprintz] #15375
06/11/08 08:22 PM
06/11/08 08:22 PM
Florida
Jim Garvie Offline OP
Addict
Jim Garvie  Offline OP
Addict

Florida
Liz,
at 3 weeks, the pups range in weight from 4 lbs 2.7 oz to 3 lbs 8 oz. They are all very fit and very strong. And all very good eaters.

Right now, the largest pup is Lt Blue who is also the prettiest overall with the nicest headpiece. Ms Pink is the smallest but very pretty with a lovely headpiece. Ms Yellow is a very solid chunk at 3 lbs. 12 oz and is also lovely.

What impresses me most is their reaction to outside stimulus. They love people in general and are not afraid of anybody who handles them. That's great!!!!! We are very happy with them in terms of overall temperament at this early stage.

To watch them fall asleep on people they've never met before is really an amazing thing. That level of trust is what we breed for. I'm very impressed. Plus, I happen to love these pups but then I tend to love all puppies . But these guys are really very special.

More to come,

Jim

Jim Garvie
www.jagphoto.biz
Re: Puppy Pics [Re: Jim Garvie] #15376
06/11/08 09:54 PM
06/11/08 09:54 PM
wallyspop Offline
Old hand
wallyspop  Offline
Old hand

See now that's the problem. I would have to hire the FBI to do a complete background check on potential new moms and dads. Even with that I'd be a wreck waving goodbye. You're a brave man Jim!

Re: Puppy Pics [Re: wallyspop] #15377
06/12/08 07:42 AM
06/12/08 07:42 AM
Florida
Jim Garvie Offline OP
Addict
Jim Garvie  Offline OP
Addict

Florida
Bob,
and what makes you think that my selection process is more lenient than the FBI's ???

First of all, I demand that all potential puppy owners visit the puppies at least once when they are very young so they can not only see them but so we can see how they are overall with dogs in general and Rotties in particular. Don't forget that I have some pretty good judges of people in my home.

I also ask all potential buyers to fill out a questionnaire which tells me the important things about them including where they intend to keep the pups, what type of training they expect to do, what their experience is, etc. We try not to sell our Rotties to people with no experience in Rotties. We have found that, in general, people with experience make better owners with less problems for us down the line.

We don't step out of the process once the puppies are out of our home. Our puppy contracts have built-in check points at 3 months of age, 6 months and 12 months so we can see how the pups are doing and also how the owners are doing with the pups. Plus, we provide a place to leave the pups when folks go on vacation and counseling for training or behavioral problems (both the pups and the owners ).

We spend 8 weeks of our time with these puppies and we bond to them very closely. Every dog we have ever bred runs up to us and covers us with kisses when we see them even if we haven't seen them in years. They know we will always love them.

So, buying a puppy from us is similar to dating my teenage daughter (which I don't have thank goodness). You have to be over-qualified just to get in the door.

More pics to come,

Jim

Jim Garvie
www.jagphoto.biz
Re: Puppy Pics [Re: Jim Garvie] #15378
06/12/08 03:52 PM
06/12/08 03:52 PM
wallyspop Offline
Old hand
wallyspop  Offline
Old hand

I don't know you from Adam but I have to say, I have incredible respect for you and just hope someday I have the opportunity to shake your hand. You're obviously a hell of a guy! I typically end up in Orlando at least once a year in May for a large conversion for the company I work for. I'll have to look you up if at all possible. My wife sometimes comes, as does my 4 year old grandson and we hang out and do the Disney thing afterwards.
Look forward to seeing more shots!

Re: Puppy Pics [Re: wallyspop] #15379
06/12/08 05:57 PM
06/12/08 05:57 PM
Florida
Jim Garvie Offline OP
Addict
Jim Garvie  Offline OP
Addict

Florida
Bob,
thanks and I'd love to meet up with you guys when you come down. We have a friend who works at Disney so maybe we can sneak you guys into a park or two while you're here.

I'll send more pics and thanks very much for the compliment. We try to be responsible. We don't breed to sell puppies; we breed because we have been very fortunate to get some very nice dogs in our home and while the world does not need more Rottweilers, it sure could use a few more good ones. So we try to do that. Carefully. The way we think it should be done. And we are in a position to be able to do it that way which is somewhat unique.

When you're here, you will have to meet our guys. I think you'll enjoy them. I know they'll enjoy you.

Jim

PS we occasionally find ourselves in North Carolina for some shows -- Rowdy actually finished there in Pinehurst. So if we're going to be traveling that way, I'll let you know and we can plan to meet for dinner.

Last edited by jimgarvie; 06/12/08 06:00 PM.

Jim Garvie
www.jagphoto.biz
Re: Puppy Pics [Re: Jim Garvie] #15380
06/12/08 06:50 PM
06/12/08 06:50 PM
New Orleans, LA
D
domnrem Offline
Wanderer
domnrem  Offline
Wanderer
D

New Orleans, LA
Oh, congratulations! Great photos and the pups are gorgeous!

Celeste

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 558 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
CTiefisher, DrSuse BlueDevil, airphotog, dwilson7878, carters paul
3317 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums6
Topics627
Posts989
Members3,317
Most Online629
Dec 4th, 2019

Copyright 2005 - 2020 Nature, Wildlife, and Pet Photography Forum. "NWPPhotoforum" and "nwpphotoforum.com" are the property of Nature, Wildlife, and Pet Photography Forum. All Rights Reserved. Wild Coyote Studio, New York Pet Photographer