07/06/08 11:04 PM
07/06/08 11:04 PM
Florida
Jim Garvie Offline OP
Addict
Jim Garvie  Offline OP
Addict

Florida
Well, the puppies have just turned 6.5 weeks old and are now weaned, pack-ordered and continue to be socialized. This weekend they went outside for the first time after having received their first round of vaccinations on Thursday. They loved it. "Oh, look daddy, lettuce!!!!" And so, they ate. And peed. And pooped. And played. And . . . well it just goes on and on.

We are really delighted, overall, with these puppies. They are very consistent and very pretty. They love new experiences and are using the tunnel and climbing toys we added to their play pens with gusto. They also seem to have lovely bodies as well as very pretty heads. At the moment, I can tell you which are the top picks but I couldn't tell you which are the bottom picks. They are just too much alike.

In birth order, here is Mr Red.

Followed by, Mr Teal:

And Professor Plum:

The delicate (no way) Ms Pink is next and she's probably the dominant in the litter.

Mr Green has really developed into a very nice puppy with a great body and very pretty headpiece.

And Ms Yellow is probably the pick of the 2 girls.

Mr Blue is, right now, pick of the boys but it's not by much.

And, Mr Lt Green is also quite nice overall.

This was a busy week for the puppies. A couple that is taking both a girl and a boy flew in from New Hampshire to visit them on Tuesday. They were visited by two buyers on Friday, two more on Saturday and two more today. The neighbors were having a party on Wednesday and 17 people came over to see the puppies and play with them. They loved it. So did the puppies .

So, it's been an exciting week and the pups are handling all this activity with confidence and a joie de vive that is quite nice to see. May it always be so.

Enjoy,

Jim

Jim Garvie
www.jagphoto.biz
Re: Puppies At 6.5 Weeks [Re: Jim Garvie] #16361
07/06/08 11:37 PM
07/06/08 11:37 PM
Ohio, USA
C
ConnieM Offline
Tracker
ConnieM  Offline
Tracker
C

Ohio, USA
I like them all....seems like a nice consistant litter. I really like Mr Blue....I love his head and looks like he has the show dog attitude. Is he going to a show home??
Connie

Re: Puppies At 6.5 Weeks [Re: Jim Garvie] #16362
07/06/08 11:41 PM
07/06/08 11:41 PM
Illinois
Peggy Sue Offline
Pooh-Bah
Peggy Sue  Offline
Pooh-Bah

Illinois
Great story to go with the images. I love all the socialization you are doing with these pups. They are off to a terrific site. Great Job!

Peggy Sue
Re: Puppies At 6.5 Weeks [Re: ConnieM] #16363
07/07/08 08:05 AM
07/07/08 08:05 AM
Florida
Jim Garvie Offline OP
Addict
Jim Garvie  Offline OP
Addict

Florida
Connie,
right now, I have some good show homes and some good homes that are willing to show. And, yes, those are two different things.

The ones with show experience will get the key picks. Those with enthusiasm and the ability to train will get the second tier with the expectation that I'm going to have to do a lot of the show training and find them a good handler.

Right now, our picks are Mr Blue and Ms Yellow. They are the male/female versions of each other -- chunky, pretty heads, decent toplines and excellent attitude. None of the puppies in this litter are shy or loners.

The next tier includes Prof Plum, Mr Green and Ms Pink. Green is more moderate but has a pretty headpiece and gorgeous body/topline. He may go to an experienced home that wants a dog that can do everything: Conformation, Obedience and Agility.

We have a great home that is taking a boy and a girl so Ms Yellow will probably go there along with Prof Plum since they appear to be a diad. Those people live half the year in New Hampshire and half in Vero Beach, FL.

Ms Pink will go to a home that will want to do Obedience and Agility and it is an experienced home which will be necessary because Ms Pink has ATTITUDE !!

The rest will go to homes depending on how they are rated. Evaluations will be next Saturday so I have to teach them to stack between now and then. I can't believe they'll be gone in 2 weeks. I'm definitely getting too old to do this breeding thing .

Jim

Jim Garvie
www.jagphoto.biz
Re: Puppies At 6.5 Weeks [Re: Jim Garvie] #16364
07/07/08 11:49 AM
07/07/08 11:49 AM
st. petersburg, florida, usa a...
V
Visceral Image Offline
Old hand
Visceral Image  Offline
Old hand
V

st. petersburg, florida, usa a...
Jim; I have really enjoyed watching these pups grow up here on the forum; thanks for sharing all the news and photos.

Re: Puppies At 6.5 Weeks [Re: Visceral Image] #16365
07/07/08 05:06 PM
07/07/08 05:06 PM
Florida
L
Lisa Offline
Wanderer
Lisa  Offline
Wanderer
L

Florida
Jim, Got to Love them all. But i think Mr Green is running First for me then Mr Blue.

Lisa

Re: Puppies At 6.5 Weeks [Re: Lisa] #16366
07/07/08 07:23 PM
07/07/08 07:23 PM
Florida
Jim Garvie Offline OP
Addict
Jim Garvie  Offline OP
Addict

Florida
Lisa,
well, you have everyone else at a disadvantage because you and Chris spent a few hours with them on Saturday!

We also love Mr Green. He is definitely an all-arounder. He just looks so athletic compared to the other puppies. However, I want to be sure you get the headpiece you want as well so we'll keep looking closely.

I'm delighted you joined this forum. Guys, this lady takes great candids of both dogs and horses -- she works on an Arabian breeding farm. I am so stoked about getting up there to take pictures of the foals!!!!

She is going to take one of the boys from this litter. Linda and I are really delighted. This lady will not only give the puppy a great life, she will give it every opportunity to thrive in Conformation, Obedience and Agility.

Stacked photos to come. You know, I should have asked you to take the photos while I stacked them. Hmmmmm. So, what are you doing next weekend?

Jim

Last edited by jimgarvie; 07/07/08 07:23 PM.

Jim Garvie
www.jagphoto.biz
Re: Puppies At 6.5 Weeks [Re: Jim Garvie] #16367
07/08/08 04:40 PM
07/08/08 04:40 PM
North Carolina, triangle area
wallyspop Offline
Old hand
wallyspop  Offline
Old hand

North Carolina, triangle area
They look amazing Jim...... psssst, it sounds like Lisa has already formed an emotional bond with Mr Green, my opinion, let her take him home. The emotional bond is soooooo important!

Re: Puppies At 6.5 Weeks [Re: wallyspop] #16368
07/08/08 04:50 PM
07/08/08 04:50 PM
Florida
Jim Garvie Offline OP
Addict
Jim Garvie  Offline OP
Addict

Florida
Bob,
Lisa will have her choice and Mr Green would be a good one. But we need to see how they stack out and move over the next few weeks. Lisa understands the show game and knows that she can bond with whatever pup she ends up with. The only time you ever compare them is when they're in the litter. After that, the one you have is the one you want.

Annie and Rowdy both arrived at our house by plane. Annie was pick of her litter and Rowdy was 4th pick male and probably the 7th pick overall in a really outstanding litter. Once we held them in our arms we couldn't imagine having any puppy but them. We still felt that way once we saw the other puppies in both litters at their first shows. Rowdy's sister Dyna (Ch Loral's Dynasty) is the winningest Rottweiler bitch of all time. And I love her. But I wouldn't trade Rowdy for Dyna.

Like I said, Lisa has been here before. She just recently lost her Rottie boy who was very, very nice. She finished him in Conformation, titled him in Obedience and Agility and showed him in just about every venue available. He loved it and she loved him. I know that she'll feel the same about the puppy she gets from us.

And it just might be Mr Green

BTW, here's one more pic of Mr Green. He was sitting in my lap a few minutes ago and he's really a doll.

Last edited by jimgarvie; 07/08/08 04:55 PM.

Jim Garvie
www.jagphoto.biz
Re: Puppies At 6.5 Weeks [Re: Jim Garvie] #16369
07/08/08 05:58 PM
07/08/08 05:58 PM
Virginia, USA
Jim Poor Offline
Addict
Jim Poor  Offline
Addict

Virginia, USA
Oh they're so cute! I'll probably never have another puppy again, but I'll miss the fuzziness and the puppy breath.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 219 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
CTiefisher, DrSuse BlueDevil, airphotog, dwilson7878, carters paul
3317 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums6
Topics627
Posts989
Members3,317
Most Online629
Dec 4th, 2019

Copyright 2005 - 2020 Nature, Wildlife, and Pet Photography Forum. "NWPPhotoforum" and "nwpphotoforum.com" are the property of Nature, Wildlife, and Pet Photography Forum. All Rights Reserved. Wild Coyote Studio, New York Pet Photographer