NWPBanner
Welcome! NWPphotoforum.com
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#17430 - 10/09/08 01:53 AM Re: Best route through Yellowstone [Re: James Morrissey]
Dee Dee Offline
Veteran

Loc: Washington
That was a great map Tony I took the info with me but didn't have time to post a thank you before we left.

James...I can't believe it! That was the day we were there!! Crud! I wish I had checked this later, I would have loved to met up and said hi. We probably passed each other. Did you see the group of people late evening pulled over to watch the wolves? I got some shots with 600 mm but still heavy crop and dark but neat to see real wild wolves. Sounds like you had a very successful trip can't wait to see what you got.

I didn't get a thing....but I only had part of an afternoon there. We were only halfway thru the loop when it got dark out LOL. I would have loved to gone to the tetons, that is a gorgeous shot Randy!! But I was mainly there for 4 days of shooting trained animals, with Animals of Montana, which I know is frowned upon with photographers a lot but my goal was getting images to paint from only so I was over the moon with the shots we got. I can't wait to start painting I have to finish several commissions first.

Ah I just reread your post sounds like you were in Jackson on the 26th so we wouldn't have crossed. I just found out another artist friend of mine was in Yellowstone the 26th as well. Next time I will put the word out better!

Thanks again for the info before we left I wish we had a couple more days to poke around there. I was hoping to get some rutting elk to paint.

#17431 - 10/09/08 12:35 PM Re: Best route through Yellowstone [Re: Dee Dee]
James Morrissey Offline
I
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Manhattan, New York, New York
Hi Dee Dee,

I was surprised by the number of folks that I saw out there who were doing exactly as you described going to get shots so that they could paint them later. THere were at least two folks I met in the Gros Ventre Campgrounds who were doing this.

This trip was an interesting one for several reasons. We spent very little time in Yellowstone this trip. I only ventured up there twice. THere was just so much to shoot in the Tetons. The moose were amazing...and the foliage was out of this world.

James

#17432 - 10/09/08 08:19 PM Re: Best route through Yellowstone [Re: James Morrissey]
Dee Dee Offline
Veteran

Loc: Washington
I am going to have to go to the Tetons the next time. It sounds beautiful. Yes I know a lot of artists too who go this time of year for painting reference. I have a friend from England who just went there for the same reason. I think getting the ref is half the fun!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Who's Online
0 registered (), 156 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
alophotography, Perros.Humanos, Lindsay Wood, Devildogz0311, jamie
3304 Registered Users
Forum Stats
3304 Members
13 Forums
6095 Topics
36233 Posts

Max Online: 513 @ 07/14/12 06:45 PM

Copyright 2005 - 2017 Nature, Wildlife, and Pet Photography Forum. "NWPPhotoforum" and "nwpphotoforum.com" are the property of Nature, Wildlife, and Pet Photography Forum. All Rights Reserved. Wild Coyote Studio, New York Pet Photographer