Washington
D
Dee Dee Offline OP
Veteran
Dee Dee  Offline OP
Veteran
D

Washington
That was a great map Tony I took the info with me but didn't have time to post a thank you before we left.

James...I can't believe it! That was the day we were there!! Crud! I wish I had checked this later, I would have loved to met up and said hi. We probably passed each other. Did you see the group of people late evening pulled over to watch the wolves? I got some shots with 600 mm but still heavy crop and dark but neat to see real wild wolves. Sounds like you had a very successful trip can't wait to see what you got.

I didn't get a thing....but I only had part of an afternoon there. We were only halfway thru the loop when it got dark out LOL. I would have loved to gone to the tetons, that is a gorgeous shot Randy!! But I was mainly there for 4 days of shooting trained animals, with Animals of Montana, which I know is frowned upon with photographers a lot but my goal was getting images to paint from only so I was over the moon with the shots we got. I can't wait to start painting I have to finish several commissions first.

Ah I just reread your post sounds like you were in Jackson on the 26th so we wouldn't have crossed. I just found out another artist friend of mine was in Yellowstone the 26th as well. Next time I will put the word out better!

Thanks again for the info before we left I wish we had a couple more days to poke around there. I was hoping to get some rutting elk to paint.

My Web Site www.deedeemurry.com
Re: Best route through Yellowstone [Re: Dee Dee] #17431
10/09/08 08:35 AM
10/09/08 08:35 AM
Manhattan, New York, New York
James Morrissey Offline
I
James Morrissey  Offline
I
Carpal Tunnel

Manhattan, New York, New York
Hi Dee Dee,

I was surprised by the number of folks that I saw out there who were doing exactly as you described going to get shots so that they could paint them later. THere were at least two folks I met in the Gros Ventre Campgrounds who were doing this.

This trip was an interesting one for several reasons. We spent very little time in Yellowstone this trip. I only ventured up there twice. THere was just so much to shoot in the Tetons. The moose were amazing...and the foliage was out of this world.

James

Re: Best route through Yellowstone [Re: James Morrissey] #17432
10/09/08 04:19 PM
10/09/08 04:19 PM
Washington
D
Dee Dee Offline OP
Veteran
Dee Dee  Offline OP
Veteran
D

Washington
I am going to have to go to the Tetons the next time. It sounds beautiful. Yes I know a lot of artists too who go this time of year for painting reference. I have a friend from England who just went there for the same reason. I think getting the ref is half the fun!

My Web Site www.deedeemurry.com
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 336 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
CTiefisher, DrSuse BlueDevil, airphotog, dwilson7878, carters paul
3317 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums6
Topics627
Posts989
Members3,317
Most Online629
Dec 4th, 2019

Copyright 2005 - 2020 Nature, Wildlife, and Pet Photography Forum. "NWPPhotoforum" and "nwpphotoforum.com" are the property of Nature, Wildlife, and Pet Photography Forum. All Rights Reserved. Wild Coyote Studio, New York Pet Photographer