NWPBanner
Welcome! NWPphotoforum.com
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#17694 - 09/25/08 02:01 AM Death Valley with Steve Kossack!
James Morrissey Offline
I
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Manhattan, New York, New York
Hey Everyone,

I bit the bullet and decided to head out with Steve Kossack to Death Valley in the middle of November (the 12th to 18th). I am VERY excited!! It will be my third trip to a national park in the course of 4 months...

For folks who might be interested in joining (no, this is NOT paid advertising), I think he has some space available still. I learned a ton during his workshop that I took a couple of years ago, and honestly, I always said I would do it again. :P

http://www.stevekossack.com/workshops/death_Valley_fall.htm

Cheers
James

#17695 - 10/28/08 02:59 PM Re: Death Valley with Steve Kossack! [Re: James Morrissey]
James Morrissey Offline
I
Carpal Tunnel

Hey Guys,

I am heading out in just over 2 weeks. I am getting very excited about the trip. I am flying out the night before (the 11th) and staying at the Stratosphere. $44 including all taxes...not bad. I will be meeting with Steve and his group at 1 PM.

Outside of the Valley of Fire, which I have done on a couple of occasions, does anyone have thoughts about a sunrise location that is convenient enough to only be an hour or so out of Las Vegas?

James

#17696 - 11/10/08 12:57 AM Re: Death Valley with Steve Kossack! [Re: James Morrissey]
James Morrissey Offline
I
Carpal Tunnel

Hey All,

Welp, it is getting a bit close. I am leaving in 48 hours - and I just DON'T feel prepared. I have been trying to keep up with my photo work, and I just can't. I have done 24 pet portraits in the last two weeks in addition to two bar/bat mitzvahs. I am just swamped.

Having said that, I look forward to getting out to California for a week. It will be different, I think, from past trips because the days will be so short.

James

#17697 - 11/10/08 06:15 AM Re: Death Valley with Steve Kossack! [Re: James Morrissey]
Tucson Jim Offline
Old hand

Loc: Tucson, Arizona, USA
James:

Hope you have a great time. Relax and enjoy it. You certainly deserve it. Right?

Jim

#17698 - 11/11/08 03:15 PM Re: Death Valley with Steve Kossack! [Re: Tucson Jim]
James Morrissey Offline
I
Carpal Tunnel

LOL, I would like to think so. There is so much to do and so little time. As I mentioned earlier, I feel very unprepared for this trip. Having said that, I am packed and ready to go. I will be leaving at around 2:30 PM. Hopefully the Internet connection will still be functioning at Stovepipe (behind the office). If not, well, it will be a silent week from me. :P

James

#17699 - 11/13/08 03:21 AM Re: Death Valley with Steve Kossack! [Re: James Morrissey]
James Morrissey Offline
I
Carpal Tunnel

Tonight was our first sunset in Death Valley! It is good to be back. We were out on the dunes this evening by Stovepipe Wells. I am a bit wiped out, and more than a bit jet-lagged..but, LOL, I am about to go do some night shots. :P

James

#17700 - 11/13/08 03:18 PM Re: Death Valley with Steve Kossack! [Re: James Morrissey]
Tony Bynum Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Montana
Hang in there james, you'll get enough sleep when your dead!

#17701 - 11/13/08 05:25 PM Re: Death Valley with Steve Kossack! [Re: Tony Bynum]
James Morrissey Offline
I
Carpal Tunnel

LOL, you don't say!! This morning we were up at out at the Dunes at 5:20 AM. I wish that the laptop had CO 4.5 on it, I would share some of the photos that I took. It was a beautiful morning. We are heading up to Rhyolite Ghost Town in a bit, followed by Titus Canyon and ending up at Dante's View this evening. It is going to be a full day.

James

#17702 - 11/14/08 03:00 AM Re: Death Valley with Steve Kossack! [Re: James Morrissey]
RomanJohnston Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Portland Oregon
5:20?!? Bout time you dragged your butt out of bed at a respectable time!!!! :~)

Rest, take a nap during harsh light hours....and recharge and hit it again during golden hours....

Get some awesome shots!!!

Roman

#17703 - 11/15/08 03:42 AM Re: Death Valley with Steve Kossack! [Re: RomanJohnston]
James Morrissey Offline
I
Carpal Tunnel

LOL, there is nothing respectable about 5:20 AM. :P Today we were up at 5:10, and tomorrow 5 AM. I am definitely a bit tuckered. Today, we did Dante's View for sunrise, The Devil's Golf Course/Bad Water/Artist's Pallate for mid-day, and Agueberry for Sunset.

Tomorrow, it is a bit easier...Agueberry Point for sunrise and the Race Track for sunset. Last time I did the Race Track, in April, Chanthee got straifed (sp) by an F-18. I wonder what will happen this time.... :P LOL. OK. Maybe she did not get straifed (SP)...but the guy was definitely hot-dogging it.

James

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 165 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
alophotography, Perros.Humanos, Lindsay Wood, Devildogz0311, jamie
3304 Registered Users
Forum Stats
3304 Members
13 Forums
6095 Topics
36233 Posts

Max Online: 513 @ 07/14/12 06:45 PM

Copyright 2005 - 2017 Nature, Wildlife, and Pet Photography Forum. "NWPPhotoforum" and "nwpphotoforum.com" are the property of Nature, Wildlife, and Pet Photography Forum. All Rights Reserved. Wild Coyote Studio, New York Pet Photographer