Escondido, CA, USA
R
rpcrowe Offline OP
Journeyman
rpcrowe  Offline OP
Journeyman
R

Escondido, CA, USA
I am visiting the Southern Utah area in early October and would love to learn of any good jeep or other photo tours available for the Zion, Bryce Canyon, Capitol Reef or other areas.

Is the ski lift running at Brian Head? Is it photographically worth going up the lift? Additionally is the Bryce Canyon Wildlife Park worth visiting? I want photos of animals that are not obviously in fenced or caged enclosures.

I was quite disappointed in the Kenai Peninsula Wildlife Park in Alaska. It was rough to get pictures of the animals without showing fences in the foreground or background. Equally disappointing, from a photographer's point of view was the tags that many of the animals wore on their ears. Actually, the San Diego Zoo provides better photo ops than that wildlife center. I will admit however, that the reason for the Kenai Park is primarily to provide a safe refuge for injured wildlife that cannot be reintegrated back into the wild; not to provide photo ops for tourists.

Last edited by rpcrowe; 09/28/08 03:22 PM.
Re: Southern Utah National Parks [Re: rpcrowe] #17729
09/29/08 02:48 AM
09/29/08 02:48 AM
Alaska
D
DavidRamey Offline
Veteran
DavidRamey  Offline
Veteran
D

Alaska
That rehab center is NOT on the Kenai Peninsula, but is in Portage at the head of Turnagin Arm. It is just before you get onto the Kenai Peninsula.

David Ramey Photography
Re: Southern Utah National Parks [Re: DavidRamey] #17730
09/30/08 12:49 AM
09/30/08 12:49 AM
Arizona
daveman Offline
Old hand
daveman  Offline
Old hand

Arizona
rpcrow,

I have been to both Zion and Bryce - but have never taken a jeep or photo tour at either park. Both places are well suited for both short and long hikes for photographs; I am not sure if they have jeep tours.

You cannot drive into most of Zion -rather there is a pretty good bus system. If you are not able to hike, one of the best photo ideas in Zion is to catch the first morning bus out of Springdale (last month it left at 5:20 am) into Zion park and get out at one of the several stops above the lodge. You can get there easily before sunrise and catch the light coming up on the canyons. The first bus of the day is the only one that goes all the way to the end without needing to change busses.

Hope that helps a little. Sorry I do not know of photo tours.

Dave

See my stuff here davedilli.zenfolio.com

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 319 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
CTiefisher, DrSuse BlueDevil, airphotog, dwilson7878, carters paul
3317 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums6
Topics627
Posts989
Members3,317
Most Online629
Dec 4th, 2019

Copyright 2005 - 2020 Nature, Wildlife, and Pet Photography Forum. "NWPPhotoforum" and "nwpphotoforum.com" are the property of Nature, Wildlife, and Pet Photography Forum. All Rights Reserved. Wild Coyote Studio, New York Pet Photographer