Santa Rosa Beach, Florida USA
D
dbyrd Offline OP
Tracker
dbyrd  Offline OP
Tracker
D

Not sure what their ears are supposed to look like if done properly, please add an image of the correct positioning if you are so inclined.

Re: Another shot of the Italian Greyhound [Re: dbyrd] #17996
10/12/08 02:13 PM
10/12/08 02:13 PM
Florida
Jim Garvie Offline
Addict
Jim Garvie  Offline
Addict

Florida
Take a look at Julie's Whippet shots and the ears should be in the same position -- up and forward.

Jim

Jim Garvie
www.jagphoto.biz
Re: Another shot of the Italian Greyhound [Re: Jim Garvie] #17997
10/12/08 03:13 PM
10/12/08 03:13 PM
TN
Julie Offline
Addict
Julie  Offline
Addict

TN
Even though Whippets and IG's are different breeds, and I am sure iggie people want to see something a little different than whippet people, I can tell you why I shoot whippets as I do.

You want to show off the long arch of the neck, (shooting up at this severe of an angle won't do that) big round eyes and rose ears. Here are a few I did this week.

The first set were done with show leads to keep the puppies under control. If they act like they are not going to pose for me, they get leads put on. It just saves so much time and stress for all involved

McGuire doesn't have the best ears on earth, but, he has really nice underjaw, the side view is a very good angle for him

Compare his ears to the other two pictured

Cinnamon has perfect ears. Seriously, they are ideal ears for the breed

Re: Another shot of the Italian Greyhound [Re: Julie] #17998
10/12/08 03:50 PM
10/12/08 03:50 PM
D
dbyrd Offline OP
Tracker
dbyrd  Offline OP
Tracker
D

Quote:

Even though Whippets and IG's are different breeds, and I am sure iggie people want to see something a little different than whippet people, I can tell you why I shoot whippets as I do.

You want to show off the long arch of the neck, (shooting up at this severe of an angle won't do that) big round eyes and rose ears. Here are a few I did this week.

The first set were done with show leads to keep the puppies under control. If they act like they are not going to pose for me, they get leads put on. It just saves so much time and stress for all involved

McGuire doesn't have the best ears on earth, but, he has really nice underjaw, the side view is a very good angle for him

Compare his ears to the other two pictured

Cinnamon has perfect ears. Seriously, they are ideal ears for the breed

Thanks for the info. I am kind of new to domestic animal photography, but I have had quite a few people approach me about doing their pets. I will apply all the suggestions I get, to my next shooting and invest in a "show lead". D'Byrd Photography

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 504 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
CTiefisher, DrSuse BlueDevil, airphotog, dwilson7878, carters paul
3317 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums6
Topics627
Posts989
Members3,317
Most Online876
Apr 25th, 2024

Copyright 2005 - 2020 Nature, Wildlife, and Pet Photography Forum. "NWPPhotoforum" and "nwpphotoforum.com" are the property of Nature, Wildlife, and Pet Photography Forum. All Rights Reserved. Wild Coyote Studio, New York Pet Photographer