10/13/08 11:38 AM
10/13/08 11:38 AM
Montana
Tony Bynum Offline OP
Pooh-Bah
Tony Bynum  Offline OP
Pooh-Bah

Montana
I told you guys I'd post the gloves/mittens I use, here's the solution to cold hands for nature and wildlife photographers. In the past I talked about using these but could not find a retailer (I got two pairs a couple years ago and gave one away). Anyhow, I pulled all the strings I could and still did not find a retailer for these gloves - I even had the outfitter department at Cabela's HQ do a search and they said they cant find them anyplace.

Well, as it turns out they've been disscontinued and the company that makes them is out of business, and no one's replaced them yet. However, I found a source that has them on closeout!!!!!!!!!!!!

You may not like camo, but you can bet if you buy these and insert the hand warmer, you will covet these mitts for the rest of your shooting days. The key to them is the heater pocket, and the built in glove liner that protects your fingers when the mitt is folded back - no other mitten i've found does this. . . there are many others that fold back, but none has the built in liner. . .

So, here's the link, get them while you can, this may be the only chance you get . . .

http://www.sierratradingpost.com/Product.aspx?baseno=84485

Tony

Re: COLD Hands While Shooting? -- solution . . . . [Re: Tony Bynum] #18029
10/13/08 06:23 PM
10/13/08 06:23 PM
Donner Summit, CA
glamson Offline
Veteran
glamson  Offline
Veteran

Donner Summit, CA
Quote:

I told you guys I'd post the gloves/mittens I use, here's the solution to cold hands for nature and wildlife photographers. In the past I talked about using these but could not find a retailer (I got two pairs a couple years ago and gave one away). Anyhow, I pulled all the strings I could and still did not find a retailer for these gloves - I even had the outfitter department at Cabela's HQ do a search and they said they cant find them anyplace.

Well, as it turns out they've been disscontinued and the company that makes them is out of business, and no one's replaced them yet. However, I found a source that has them on closeout!!!!!!!!!!!!

You may not like camo, but you can bet if you buy these and insert the hand warmer, you will covet these mitts for the rest of your shooting days. The key to them is the heater pocket, and the built in glove liner that protects your fingers when the mitt is folded back - no other mitten i've found does this. . . there are many others that fold back, but none has the built in liner. . .

So, here's the link, get them while you can, this may be the only chance you get . . .

http://www.sierratradingpost.com/Product.aspx?baseno=84485

Tony

Thanks Tony. For $17.95 I figure I can't go wrong. Ordered a pair today.

Geo

Re: COLD Hands While Shooting? -- solution . . . . [Re: glamson] #18030
10/14/08 04:54 PM
10/14/08 04:54 PM
Nashville Tennessee
Durwood Edwards Offline
Old hand
Durwood Edwards  Offline
Old hand

Nashville Tennessee
Thanks Tony

I just hope to be cold enough to use them!

Durwood Edwards
www.joelton.org

"Never miss a good chance to shut-up!" - Will Rogers
Re: COLD Hands While Shooting? -- solution . . . . [Re: Durwood Edwards] #18031
10/15/08 11:17 PM
10/15/08 11:17 PM
Eden (no really!)
J
jamesdak Offline
Old hand
jamesdak  Offline
Old hand
J

Eden (no really!)
Thanks a bunch Tony, I just ordered a pair also. I was out ATV'ing the other day with temps right below freezing. Thinsulate glove liners under a heavy glove kept my hands warm but this setup is much to bulky to shot with. It's also a pain to put on and remove the outer glove. Your mittens appear to be a good solution and for the price, who can go wrong!

Jim

Re: COLD Hands While Shooting? -- solution . . . . [Re: jamesdak] #18032
10/16/08 09:45 AM
10/16/08 09:45 AM
Montana
Tony Bynum Offline OP
Pooh-Bah
Tony Bynum  Offline OP
Pooh-Bah

Montana
I agree, the price is hard to beat, even if you dont end up liking them, it's not a lot of investment. However, i'm sure that if you do use them properly, by putting the hand warmer pack in them you will never leave home for a cold day of shooting without them! I dont! The warming packs are about $1 for two, and they last from 8-10 hrs.

I got 6 pairs, two for back up, and 4 to have for friends later down the road!

Think about buying a back up if you like them, and a couple for your shooting buddies if you find that they work for you. For $20 bucks you'll make a lifelong shooting friend with these mitts. . .

Tony

Re: COLD Hands While Shooting? -- solution . . . . [Re: Tony Bynum] #18033
10/20/08 04:36 PM
10/20/08 04:36 PM
Montana
Tony Bynum Offline OP
Pooh-Bah
Tony Bynum  Offline OP
Pooh-Bah

Montana
You guys try them out yet? It's cold enough up here to be using them!

Tony

Re: COLD Hands While Shooting? -- solution . . . . [Re: Tony Bynum] #18034
10/21/08 10:35 AM
10/21/08 10:35 AM
Eden (no really!)
J
jamesdak Offline
Old hand
jamesdak  Offline
Old hand
J

Eden (no really!)
I got mine delivered yesterday. But where as two weekends ago it was in the 30s and snowing we are now back in the 70s.

Re: COLD Hands While Shooting? -- solution . . . . [Re: Tony Bynum] #18035
10/21/08 11:34 AM
10/21/08 11:34 AM
Donner Summit, CA
glamson Offline
Veteran
glamson  Offline
Veteran

Donner Summit, CA
Quote:

You guys try them out yet? It's cold enough up here to be using them!

Tony

Mine were delivered last week. Only trouble is they were delivered to my home in Carlsbad, but I'm up at my cabin at Donner Pass (no mail delivery up here). Actually I could really use them right now up here. It's down around 25 at night and in the mornings it doesn't get above freezing until after nine. I went out shooting early morning doings on the lake the other day and my hands got pretty cold.

Geo

Re: COLD Hands While Shooting? -- solution . . . . [Re: glamson] #18036
10/21/08 12:34 PM
10/21/08 12:34 PM
Montana
Tony Bynum Offline OP
Pooh-Bah
Tony Bynum  Offline OP
Pooh-Bah

Montana
LOL - oh man that sucks. . .

Make sure you get the heater packs too, if you dont already have them. I've seen where you can buy them even at corner stores, they are a little more money but make sure you get a few. . .

Tony

Re: COLD Hands While Shooting? -- solution . . . . [Re: Tony Bynum] #18037
10/21/08 01:34 PM
10/21/08 01:34 PM
Nashville Tennessee
Durwood Edwards Offline
Old hand
Durwood Edwards  Offline
Old hand

Nashville Tennessee
It got down to 39 the other night, but I had not received the gloves ;^).

It'll be February before it MIGHT be cold enough here for these gloves.

Durwood Edwards
www.joelton.org

"Never miss a good chance to shut-up!" - Will Rogers
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 240 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
CTiefisher, DrSuse BlueDevil, airphotog, dwilson7878, carters paul
3317 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums6
Topics627
Posts989
Members3,317
Most Online629
Dec 4th, 2019

Copyright 2005 - 2020 Nature, Wildlife, and Pet Photography Forum. "NWPPhotoforum" and "nwpphotoforum.com" are the property of Nature, Wildlife, and Pet Photography Forum. All Rights Reserved. Wild Coyote Studio, New York Pet Photographer