02/25/09 10:11 AM
02/25/09 10:11 AM
Florida
Jim Garvie Offline OP
Addict
Jim Garvie  Offline OP
Addict

Florida
Yesterday, Linda and I along with friends Jane and Melanie Leon, visited an Arabian Horse Breeding Farm in Ocala managed by our friend Lisa Forbes who is a member of NWP. Lisa had emailed me last week to let me know that she had two new foals on the ground and wondered if we'd like to visit. We, of course, jumped at the chance.

I'm still sorting through my 4 GB of images but I thought I'd share a few with you folks. First up is Mom 1 with new Filly.

And Mom 2 with Colt.

Lisa also has a few dozen yearlings in different pastures and I managed to get a few shots of them chasing each other around the grounds. Here's my favorite girl, Ruby.

One of the problems I have is that although I love horses, I have very little experience with them. And while I know exactly how each breed of dog should look in a "perfect" movement shot, I have no idea how a horse should look. For example, here are two shots of Ruby. I have no idea whether either is a good moving shot from an equine perspective although I like both from a photographic perspective.

Anyway, hope you enjoy sharing our outing with us. We hope to get back to the farm in March when several other mares are expected to foal. What fun!

Jim

Jim Garvie
www.jagphoto.biz
Re: Arabian Horse Breeding Farm [Re: Jim Garvie] #20772
02/25/09 12:16 PM
02/25/09 12:16 PM
TN
Julie Offline
Addict
Julie  Offline
Addict

TN
I love arabians, they are beautiful horses. Next time you go, go late in the evening about an hour before sunset. That is the best time for equine photography(that or right after dawn and I don't do dawn)

Here is the correct point in stride for horses, very similar as for dogs, you want the back and front pairs of legs even when moving

This is a different and still correct point in stride.

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 506 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
CTiefisher, DrSuse BlueDevil, airphotog, dwilson7878, carters paul
3317 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums6
Topics627
Posts989
Members3,317
Most Online629
Dec 4th, 2019

Copyright 2005 - 2020 Nature, Wildlife, and Pet Photography Forum. "NWPPhotoforum" and "nwpphotoforum.com" are the property of Nature, Wildlife, and Pet Photography Forum. All Rights Reserved. Wild Coyote Studio, New York Pet Photographer