03/03/09 11:08 AM
03/03/09 11:08 AM
Illinois
Peggy Sue Offline
Pooh-Bah
Peggy Sue  Offline
Pooh-Bah

Illinois
And a very happy March to you at the Garvie household. Fun to see your calendar unfold.

Peggy Sue
Re: Happy March [Re: wallyspop] #20950
03/03/09 01:25 PM
03/03/09 01:25 PM
Florida
Jim Garvie Offline OP
Addict
Jim Garvie  Offline OP
Addict

Florida
Hockey? That "game" of beating up your opponent while trying to stand up on thin blades while on ice? Please.

No, I actually blew out my knees trying to play basketball and thinking that because I was 69 inches tall, I was actually 6 foot 9. Math wasn't my strong suit .

However, during my stay at HC, Syracuse was still a major football power and I got to watch some really outstanding athletes wearing that disgusting Orange color .

As for basketball supremacy, I'd suggest you all look at the AP Top 25 in both NCAA men's and women's Bball. It's UConn all the way. At least until the tournament .

Jim

Jim Garvie
www.jagphoto.biz
Re: Happy March [Re: Jim Garvie] #20951
03/03/09 01:38 PM
03/03/09 01:38 PM
North Carolina, triangle area
wallyspop Offline
Old hand
wallyspop  Offline
Old hand

haha, you crack me up Jim.

I'm hoping we have another crack at UConn in the BE tourney next week!

Re: Happy March [Re: wallyspop] #20952
03/03/09 04:53 PM
03/03/09 04:53 PM
Florida
Jim Garvie Offline OP
Addict
Jim Garvie  Offline OP
Addict

Florida
Bob,
you'll love this: I've often kidded people that my portrait work with dogs would ultimately lead me to the job of my dreams -- Playboy photographer . Well, today we received a call from a young woman who wants us to produce a "classic pinup" calendar of her for her husband, boudoir style.

Linda fielded the call and discussed what she was looking for and booked the session. It seems she saw the Sundance 2009 Calendar and it inspired her to create a sexy calendar for her husband.

Now, this is definitely non-nude and to be photographed "Playboy style" which means lots of retouching and very sexy set design and lighting but it appears that my dreams are coming true. All due to pet photography. Go figure!

Jim

Jim Garvie
www.jagphoto.biz
Re: Happy March [Re: Jim Garvie] #20953
03/03/09 07:02 PM
03/03/09 07:02 PM
TN
Julie Offline
Addict
Julie  Offline
Addict

TN
Funny!!! Here is someone who does heavily manipulated pinups. I love it http://www.portlandpinups.com/

I couldn't do it though!!! He says he uses a flat light and a whole lot of manipulation in post

Re: Happy March [Re: Julie] #20954
03/03/09 07:08 PM
03/03/09 07:08 PM
Florida
Jim Garvie Offline OP
Addict
Jim Garvie  Offline OP
Addict

Florida
Julie,
That's the lighting approach I've used in the past and it works very well. You can apply directional lighting effects in PS and do a lot of skin smoothing with flat lighting.

It actually should be fun. She's bringing her best friend; Linda and Rose Ann will help with costumes, hair and make-up and all I have to do is look professional and not drool. I'm pretty sure I can handle that . And, yes, I'll share some of the results if James allows it .

Jim

Jim Garvie
www.jagphoto.biz
Re: Happy March [Re: Jim Garvie] #20955
03/03/09 07:22 PM
03/03/09 07:22 PM
wallyspop Offline
Old hand
wallyspop  Offline
Old hand

Now Jim, isn't that strange. Maybe she heard you were a "pet" photographer and assumed this was right up your alley. Oh wait, pets are with Penthouse right?

Now I do need to say, Terrie needs to meet Linda. If someone called for me to do a job like this, Terrie would say, Bob can shoot your Dog otherwise I can refer you to someone else... haha.

Anyway, again, you sure you don't need an assistant? Also, where do you plan to post some samples? I haven't seen any posts on this site that were NSFW.

In all seriousness, good luck. Should be fun. By the way, when I shoot models Terrie works all the posing and I shoot and edit. Woman have a better eye for what is sexy without getting trashy. A combo shot to include Sundance could be cool as well. A big strong dog as a sidekick laying on the floor nearby or her in a bikini and heels walking him. Just a thought.

Re: Happy March [Re: Jim Garvie] #20956
03/03/09 08:35 PM
03/03/09 08:35 PM
Kansas
psmith Offline
Pooh-Bah
psmith  Offline
Pooh-Bah

Kansas
Quote:

Bob,
you'll love this: I've often kidded people that my portrait work with dogs would ultimately lead me to the job of my dreams -- Playboy photographer . Well, today we received a call from a young woman who wants us to produce a "classic pinup" calendar of her for her husband, boudoir style.

Linda fielded the call and discussed what she was looking for and booked the session. It seems she saw the Sundance 2009 Calendar and it inspired her to create a sexy calendar for her husband.

Now, this is definitely non-nude and to be photographed "Playboy style" which means lots of retouching and very sexy set design and lighting but it appears that my dreams are coming true. All due to pet photography. Go figure!

Jim

Pull out your 1969 era avocado green fridge and shoot on Canary seamless

Re: Happy March [Re: psmith] #20957
03/03/09 09:03 PM
03/03/09 09:03 PM
Florida
Jim Garvie Offline OP
Addict
Jim Garvie  Offline OP
Addict

Florida
Preston,
yup, that's the era, for sure. There are some great pinup looks on the site that Julie linked which we'll share with her. The makeup and hair will be strictly 60's. Rose Ann can do that very easily.

It's actually a fun idea especially to present it in a calendar format for her husband's work area in the garage. I'm looking forward to meeting this lady. She has a nice sense of humor.

Jim

Jim Garvie
www.jagphoto.biz
Re: Happy March [Re: wallyspop] #20958
03/03/09 09:09 PM
03/03/09 09:09 PM
Florida
Jim Garvie Offline OP
Addict
Jim Garvie  Offline OP
Addict

Florida
Quote:

By the way, when I shoot models Terrie works all the posing and I shoot and edit.

Same with Linda and Rose Ann. I let them put together the scenarios and then I light them and make sure the poses are working from the camera position. Then I do the editing and Linda does the PS effects. We really work well together and always have a good time with lots of laughs so folks just naturally relax when they come into the studio and that's 90% of the battle with non-professional models.

The key is to be sexy but not slutty and classy in a classic pinup look. Props and costumes will be key. And I'm sure either Sundance or Rowdy will find their way into the shoot. They always seem to .

Jim

Jim Garvie
www.jagphoto.biz
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 402 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
CTiefisher, DrSuse BlueDevil, airphotog, dwilson7878, carters paul
3317 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums6
Topics627
Posts989
Members3,317
Most Online629
Dec 4th, 2019

Copyright 2005 - 2020 Nature, Wildlife, and Pet Photography Forum. "NWPPhotoforum" and "nwpphotoforum.com" are the property of Nature, Wildlife, and Pet Photography Forum. All Rights Reserved. Wild Coyote Studio, New York Pet Photographer