06/18/05 09:05 AM
06/18/05 09:05 AM
Montana
Tony Bynum Offline OP
Pooh-Bah
Tony Bynum  Offline OP
Pooh-Bah

Montana
Well, it still is raining. The winds have stayed away, but not the rain. Over 8 inches in the past weeks.

The flowers are growing like weeds. I saw bear grass flowering arround essex last week.

The bears are out all over the east side. The Sheep and goats have been high and shy - but if you spend some time at logan or many glaciers you'll get a few shots.

mornings have been good but watch the clouds and be ready to head for the rig if the rain starts as the stormes have been very strong.

check this link for web-cams of the park:
http://www.nps.gov/glac/whatsnew/cam4_manyglacier.htm

email me if you plan to come out and I'll give you the local scoop.

Finalshot

Attached Files
Re: Glacier National Park Update [Re: Tony Bynum] #213
06/20/05 09:18 AM
06/20/05 09:18 AM
L
Loopman Offline
Venturer
Loopman  Offline
Venturer
L

Hi Finalshot,

I have never been in Montana. The mountain range in your webcam looks beautiful. I am assuming that this is your home?

What is Glacier like compared to the other big national parks, in terms of services?

Lou

Re: Glacier National Park Update [Re: Loopman] #214
06/20/05 09:23 AM
06/20/05 09:23 AM
L
Loopman Offline
Venturer
Loopman  Offline
Venturer
L

I was just following my nose when I saw the attachment to your post. I did not know we could do that. That is a great picture. The colors are wonderful. What did you use?

Lou

Re: Glacier National Park Update [Re: Loopman] #215
06/20/05 03:54 PM
06/20/05 03:54 PM
Montana
Tony Bynum Offline OP
Pooh-Bah
Tony Bynum  Offline OP
Pooh-Bah

Montana
the photo was taken with a d70 and Nikon 17-35 2.8 afs. I also used a 2stop soft grad, exposure was about 1 sec. at f-18.

The photo is a shot from about one mile from my house - east glacier park, looking west and taken three days ago.

If you want to see more Glacier Park Shots take a look at the following link (www.tonybynum.photosite.com). I put a few photos up there for an experiment so it is just a sample of my work. All shots on that site are from around Glacier Park. And shot with digital slr's.

While glacier remains remote, it provides all the services and amenities you need. Lodging in the National Parks systems most decorated lodges. Great food, great activities, and many places to camp if you are into that.

I have been to most of the big parks and I believe Glacier is the best if you are into great vistas and wildlife. If you’re strictly a wildlife guy I'd stick to Yellowstone, but for overall experience Glacier is second to non - in the lower 48. Denali is the best bit it is a long way north. If you come be sure to get out here between June 10 or so and the end of September. It gets cold early and everything shuts down by October 1.

Finalshot

www.tonybynum.photosite.com

Re: Glacier National Park Update [Re: Tony Bynum] #216
06/24/05 08:01 AM
06/24/05 08:01 AM
L
Loopman Offline
Venturer
Loopman  Offline
Venturer
L

"The photo is a shot from about one mile from my house - east glacier park, looking west and taken three days ago."

Are you shooting professionally at all? Your landscapes are my favorite from your website. The sunsets are great.

Lou

Re: Glacier National Park Update [Re: Loopman] #217
06/25/05 01:24 PM
06/25/05 01:24 PM
Montana
Tony Bynum Offline OP
Pooh-Bah
Tony Bynum  Offline OP
Pooh-Bah

Montana
I am glad you like my photos. I have only a small selection on there. As far as my shooting, yes, I shoot professionally but not landscapes and not wildlife. I shoot sports and portraits for money and landscapes for pure passion.

I just got back from four days in the Upper Missouri River Breaks National Monument (the most pristine portion of the Lewis and Clark Trail - what a great adventure. Could have been a national park - should have been!

Finalshot

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 810 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
CTiefisher, DrSuse BlueDevil, airphotog, dwilson7878, carters paul
3317 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums6
Topics627
Posts989
Members3,317
Most Online835
Apr 25th, 2024

Copyright �2005 - 2020 Nature, Wildlife, and Pet Photography Forum. "NWPPhotoforum" and "nwpphotoforum.com" are the property of Nature, Wildlife, and Pet Photography Forum. All Rights Reserved. Wild Coyote Studio, New York Pet Photographer