Florida
R
Ryan Offline OP
Wanderer
Ryan  Offline OP
Wanderer
R

Florida
I just started photography, so my pictures could definitely be a lot better. But tell me what you think of this one! At the same time, I just stumbled upon this:

www.1000wordclick.com

The author focuses a lot on the psychology behind photography to make it conceptual. I found it pretty cool, so I thought I'd share! He has a couple of interesting articles.

Thanks for your feedback! Much appreciated!

Ryan
Re: I Want Your Feedback [Re: Ryan] #25688
10/19/09 06:12 AM
10/19/09 06:12 AM
Southern Ohio USA
Randall Offline
Traveler
Randall  Offline
Traveler

Southern Ohio USA
Nice colors Ryan. It would look a little more interesting if the house wasn't almost out of the image . Also it might be more captivating if the foreground color was closer to your lens giving it a better lead into the water and on over to the home and color on the other side. I know sometimes it's not possible to set up exactly where you want and need to, this is a very nice shot overall keep up the good work .
Randall

Randall-FINE ART -- FOR THE HOME AND OFFICE[url=http://:fineartamerica.com/shop/randallbranham.html
Re: I Want Your Feedback [Re: Ryan] #25689
10/19/09 10:26 AM
10/19/09 10:26 AM
Florida
Jim Garvie Offline
Addict
Jim Garvie  Offline
Addict

Florida
Hi Ryan,
I agree with some of Randall's comments. It's a very pretty scene but I think you could have squeezed a little more out of it by moving a bit and cropping a bit.

Jim

Jim Garvie
www.jagphoto.biz
Re: I Want Your Feedback [Re: Jim Garvie] #25690
10/19/09 09:17 PM
10/19/09 09:17 PM
Arizona
daveman Offline
Old hand
daveman  Offline
Old hand

Arizona
Ryan,

I will give you my 2 cents worth -

I really like the fall colors and the diagonal line created by the reflections and river. Certainly was a pretty scene.

I also agree with the comments above. As a person seeing this for the first time, my eye started at the white log in the front center - then moved to the right and up to the house, and then back. However, the log in front is cut off and not very close - and the house is so far to the right edge that I feel a little unbalanced. I think that moving closer to the log, placing the log closer to the bottom left corner of the photo and pulling the house to not be so close to the edge would have made an already nice photograph nicer - or a little more balanced.

Of course - I was not there so do not know if any of those changes would have been possible.

Thanks for posting. hope this is helpful.

See my stuff here davedilli.zenfolio.com
Re: I Want Your Feedback [Re: daveman] #25691
10/21/09 09:50 AM
10/21/09 09:50 AM
Portland Oregon
RomanJohnston Offline
Pooh-Bah
RomanJohnston  Offline
Pooh-Bah

Portland Oregon
Composition is very nice...a few minor imbalances. I would have not included the tiny sliver of sky, or inclueded more. The same with the bottom section of foreground...a little more or none at all.

The Post Processing has not maximized the potential in this shot. You have overly dark areas in the water in the left, and a tad overly saturated colors in the trees. Colors seem accurate, just too much pop.

Excellent shot needeing a re-think/Re-visit in the Post Processing.

Roman

Re: I Want Your Feedback [Re: RomanJohnston] #25692
10/23/09 09:21 AM
10/23/09 09:21 AM
Nashville Tennessee
Durwood Edwards Offline
Old hand
Durwood Edwards  Offline
Old hand

Nashville Tennessee
This is a beautiful scene and a great view of fall colors.

I have to agree with the composite of opinions above.
They have expressed my feelings completely, from the house being to close to the edge and the color and composition suggestions given by Roman.

Durwood Edwards
www.joelton.org

"Never miss a good chance to shut-up!" - Will Rogers
Re: I Want Your Feedback [Re: Randall] #25693
11/15/09 05:09 PM
11/15/09 05:09 PM
NY USA
Jim Rickards Offline
Journeyman
Jim Rickards  Offline
Journeyman

NY USA
There's lots to like here.

My take is that a landscape shot might be worth doing.

I envision one where we give up the foliage on the near shore and extend the shot off to the right, maximizing the leading line of the water. The near foliage was a bit of a distraction to the nice fall colours on the far shore anyway.
This is more of an alternate way to shoot the scene rather than a critique, but you have some critiques already.

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 432 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
CTiefisher, DrSuse BlueDevil, airphotog, dwilson7878, carters paul
3317 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums6
Topics627
Posts989
Members3,317
Most Online876
Apr 25th, 2024

Copyright 2005 - 2020 Nature, Wildlife, and Pet Photography Forum. "NWPPhotoforum" and "nwpphotoforum.com" are the property of Nature, Wildlife, and Pet Photography Forum. All Rights Reserved. Wild Coyote Studio, New York Pet Photographer