07/03/10 09:02 PM
Portland, Or
NinaS Offline OP
Venturer
NinaS  Offline OP
Venturer

Portland, Or
Quote:

And a question. What sort of decision making did you go through as you were deciding to brand your portrait work one way and your show work differently?

well, for years I was itzmeagain.com (itzmeagain is still my email and my screen name in many places)

then I began ninasphotography.com about 6 or 7 years ago, when I figured out that I needed to explain who/what I do LOL

now I have niche websites pdxdogportraits.com , pdxboudoirportraits.com and dudeoirportraits.com

the reason? I do sooo much, that it scares some people, so I have my "boutique" sites .. so if someone is specifically searching one thing, they only get to the one specific site

all my banners, advertising, et al for shows is all under ninasphotography.com and everyone knows me as that ... so it serves as my catch all site and a launch to others as needed LOL

my boudoir & dudeoir clients never know how much time I spend doing dogs they thin they're my only clients LOL

I shoot Canon

PDXDogPortraits
Re: Introducing myself :) [Re: psmith] #30030
07/03/10 09:07 PM
07/03/10 09:07 PM
Portland, Or
NinaS Offline OP
Venturer
NinaS  Offline OP
Venturer

Portland, Or
Quote:

Welcome Nina. Glad you decided to join. I swear I've seen that coffee cup planter before...

I have posted that picture on a couple other forums
thanks

I shoot Canon

PDXDogPortraits
Re: Introducing myself :) [Re: Jim Garvie] #30031
07/03/10 09:14 PM
07/03/10 09:14 PM
Portland, Or
NinaS Offline OP
Venturer
NinaS  Offline OP
Venturer

Portland, Or
Quote:

Yes, but that gets into the assistants: if you have the individual skills to do all three, that's great. I've done it as well and it is a rare skill among show photographers. But finding assistants to handle any one of those photographic areas is difficult enough. To find those that are capable of shooting two or three is almost impossible.

Jim,
I guess I'm lucky with my assistants.
I shoot all over Oregon & Washington states
near Seattle I have 4 (that live up there) that are awesome, and in the Portland area I have another 4 ... plus my 20yr old daughter

my assistants all have day jobs, they all know their way around cameras on manual, they've all shot some sort of action in the past ... they all took on the challenge of mastering agility in a low light horse barn at ISO 6400, 1/250th & f/2.8 ... they'd try it, be frustrated & keep coming back until they had a great keeper rate and had that mastered

after that, herding, disc dog, flyball etc all came easy

all of my assistants wanted studio lighing lessons, so we have mini-clinics ... they learn all about setting up, metering & taking portraits (usually dog) ... so I teach what they don't know and have a great crew of reliable photographers for the big shows

just finding the right people is the tough part, keeping them hooked is easy LOL

I shoot Canon

PDXDogPortraits
Re: Introducing myself :) [Re: NinaS] #30032
07/04/10 01:44 AM
07/04/10 01:44 AM
Kansas
psmith Offline
Pooh-Bah
psmith  Offline
Pooh-Bah

Kansas
Quote:

Quote:

Welcome Nina. Glad you decided to join. I swear I've seen that coffee cup planter before...

I have posted that picture on a couple other forums
thanks

Uhmmm, I was thinking Big Lots, or Walmart home & garden :-)

Re: Introducing myself :) [Re: psmith] #30033
07/04/10 03:21 AM
07/04/10 03:21 AM
Portland, Or
NinaS Offline OP
Venturer
NinaS  Offline OP
Venturer

Portland, Or
psmith ... maybe
I think I got that one at Winco

I shoot Canon

PDXDogPortraits
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 504 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
CTiefisher, DrSuse BlueDevil, airphotog, dwilson7878, carters paul
3317 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums6
Topics627
Posts989
Members3,317
Most Online876
Apr 25th, 2024

Copyright 2005 - 2020 Nature, Wildlife, and Pet Photography Forum. "NWPPhotoforum" and "nwpphotoforum.com" are the property of Nature, Wildlife, and Pet Photography Forum. All Rights Reserved. Wild Coyote Studio, New York Pet Photographer