09/04/10 04:39 PM
USA, Ohio
Attila Kegyes Offline OP
Tracker
Attila Kegyes  Offline OP
Tracker

USA, Ohio
Quote:

What do you mean that today there may be No Trespassing signs? It is a NP?

Hi Penny,

Thanks for the comment!

Yes it is a federal N.P. but it appers to be someone can buy a private land within a park.

Just across the road where these pictures was taken, there is a woods and a little field. I took pictures over there of deer before, but two years ago when I want to go in that area again, there was a sign placed middle of the dirt road, from the N.P. said "No hunting". This is Ok nothing extraordinarily about this. Because I do not hunt, I walked on a dirt road, but after about 50 yard I found a treestand with a hunter on it with cross bowl. I tought I just caught a poacher, so I set my camera and even took picture of the guy. But then he just raise the crossbowl towards me. I tought he wanna shoot me, and because the arrow in a head is not in fashion these days, I tought better if I run, what is not easy with my about 70 pound photo backpack!
Next day I want to chek is the treestand still there? But in that time already was another sign next to the N.P. sign: "Private property, no trespassing".

This is Cleveland, this is North-East Ohio, this is worst than a communism was back in my country, because in a communism I was sure, if I not against the goverment I'm free to go anywhere I'm free to do anything, nothing is closed nothing is restricted, not even military shooting or practice range! All lands fields, forest agricultural lands was open for the public. Feeding/baiting is not illegal, and no one care what you do unless you vandalism or steal public properties. Not need permit for photographing, or camping, or just to be in a nature. Not need to pay entry fees to forest or parks or anywhere in the nature. The nature is not closed by 11:00 o'clock at evening and open at 6:00 at morning, like here in Amerika. The nature is open for 24/7 for the public. If you want hike at night, do it, it is not illegal, just stay on the hiking trail runing trought hunting areas.
Over here I already have to pay a 100.- fine because I was fishing and at 11:10 PM I still was in the parkinglot in the metropark. I have to pay $150.- fine because I was photographing in the N.P.! The park ranger said I need permit for that, and he give me a phone number and name where I can aply for permit. Then they are send me a fake aplications for a non exist photopermit, which would cost me a $50.- for three days. This is America! You have freedom if you a millionare and you can buy your freedom. Buy a huge lands (off course in this case less remains for others) and you have some freedom on your own lands. Not too much but a little. I already give up to go photographing to state or national parks. I got a permit from a land owner to enter his private farm. Guess what! An inspector came out from a city to chek my photoblind made out of OSB, it's need a building permit or not. In this point I give up the photography. In the past two years I wasn't realy taking any photo.
Just a few days ago I chek the local metropark located at the end of my street for close up photography. I just take a closer look of a few flowers and already someone called the police who came to cheking me what am I doing. Fortunately he saw I'm probably harmless and turned back and walked away. But that was clear he did came to me, because he didn't take of his eyes of me until he turned back.
Now the only photographing project I work on is a hummingbird photography in my own backyard. I hope no ranger or police come over here to chek what am I doing at home. But it's still can be happen who knows?
This is America, where the goverment telling you how to rais your kids, what give them to eat, how long you can have fun on your own wedding, where and when you can drink a beer, Wehre and which directions you must walk, how late you can take your girlfrend to a walk at a summer evening in a park, what outfit you must wearing if you don't want the police and park ranger harrasment, etc. Everything is controlled, regulated, ruled by goverment, and still make you believe you living in a free country.
If I vearing a camo pants, - what I like to do - I take a risk of police and park ranger harrasment. If I step off from the paved walkway in a park, I take a risk of police and park ranger harrastmen. If I do anything can be lead to a police or park ranger harrasment because everything is so regulated, and controlled, so impossible not to brake one of the rules or regulations, or law. So better if I do nothing, just close my doors and not live my hous until I die.

I shoot on Fuji Velvia and Astia, with Nikon F6 and Pentax Z1p with Sigma zoom lenses.
Re: Mute Swans in Cuyahoga Valley N.P. Ohio [Re: Attila Kegyes] #31009
09/04/10 07:35 PM
09/04/10 07:35 PM
Illinois
Peggy Sue Offline
Pooh-Bah
Peggy Sue  Offline
Pooh-Bah

Illinois
Attila, LOL is really the shortcut for Laugh out loud.

Peggy Sue
Re: Mute Swans in Cuyahoga Valley N.P. Ohio [Re: Peggy Sue] #31010
09/04/10 07:53 PM
09/04/10 07:53 PM
Illinois
Peggy Sue Offline
Pooh-Bah
Peggy Sue  Offline
Pooh-Bah

Illinois
Attila, your writing saddens me since you obviously have talent in capturing these lovely images. I live right next to Public owned forest preserve and there are plenty of rules. Unfortunately many rules were created because of people who abused the wonderful land we share.

The many public commissions that create these fines and fees are struggling to find money and in my opinion are misguided in many of those fees. At our last photography group meeting we discussed how we can join forces to change the permits needed to photograph in many Public owned land.

I look forward to seeing more of your images and hope you do not stay in your home but continue photography and sharing them with us.

Peggy Sue
Re: Mute Swans in Cuyahoga Valley N.P. Ohio [Re: Peggy Sue] #31011
09/04/10 09:36 PM
09/04/10 09:36 PM
USA, Ohio
Attila Kegyes Offline OP
Tracker
Tracker

USA, Ohio
Peggy,

The reason why many of my photos are turn out good or beautiful as others wrote, because I photographing in a different way as most of the photographers.
I'm not just go out hiking with a camera hanging on my neck and take a picture of those things what get front of me accidentaly, or I'm not going to places where you can take pictures of bird from boardwalk run trought on marsh or even forest. I planning and prepare most of my photography, using photoblinds, baiting/lure the animals, or just take lot of time to observing them to find out when and where is the best place to taking picture.
For example, In Ohio there is a metropark called North Chagrine Reservation. Next to the North Chagrine Nature Center there is a pond full of wood duck. They say this is the best place in America to photographing wood duck. What I saying, this the place where the most easiest to take picture of wood ducks, but the worst place to photoraphing them. Yes there is lot of them but they are behave as domestic ducks, and you can't choose your back ground, you can't go into the water, and in most cases there is people in the background, who walking the other side of the pond.
My swan photos are different because they are was taken from the water, where I got in, at a time when I can't even go to the metroparks because the parks are still closed! How you can take realy good pictures if not allowed to get there in a time you wanna go, if you can't get to the spot you should have to go?
If I can't do photography in my way, I can't get a photo what I want, so it is not worth to do other way.
Actually the goverment push down and kill the talents, not let them to do what they should to do. Interestingly they make no laws against to wearing pants half way down on public places. Showing my underwear on a street is OK, wearing a camo pant all the way up, put me in a truble!
Those people, who make the laws, regulations have no idea what is takes to get a really good nature and wildlife photos. They are think to get a disposable camera, and go to the zoo is more than enough for the american wildlife photographers. This is what they got be happy with it! And if the photographers don't like this and complain, the goverment gonna take away even this opportunity and gonna expel all the cameras from the zoos! Having fun, having a good time, do a hobby, is not allowed in this country. Or least in North-East Ohio.

I shoot on Fuji Velvia and Astia, with Nikon F6 and Pentax Z1p with Sigma zoom lenses.
Re: Mute Swans in Cuyahoga Valley N.P. Ohio [Re: Peggy Sue] #31012
09/04/10 09:37 PM
09/04/10 09:37 PM
USA, Ohio
Attila Kegyes Offline OP
Tracker
Tracker

USA, Ohio
Thanks, I did leran something again!

Re: Mute Swans in Cuyahoga Valley N.P. Ohio [Re: Attila Kegyes] #31013
09/05/10 03:45 AM
09/05/10 03:45 AM
USA, Ohio
Attila Kegyes Offline OP
Tracker
Tracker

USA, Ohio
Here is few of the pictures I took of the fighting between the Canada goose and the Mute swan.

This pictures are not as creative or artistic, this are a kind of action shots.
Also the lights wasn't so good but I didn't want to miss the actions and I have had no idea how long it gonna takes to them to settle down. So I have been used every opportunity to document the fighting, even if the pictures are not gonna come out as good as I would like to.

The swan need much longer runway to take off, because they are heavy birds. Actually the heaviest birds, still capable to fly.
Nikon F6 Sigma 300-800 Fuji Velvia 100 1/250 f/8

Nikon F6 Sigma 300-800 Fuji Velvia 100 1/200 f/8

Nikon F6 Sigma 300-800 Fuji Velvia 1/250 f/8

Re: Mute Swans in Cuyahoga Valley N.P. Ohio [Re: Attila Kegyes] #31014
09/05/10 05:54 PM
09/05/10 05:54 PM
Manhattan, New York, New York
James Morrissey Offline
I
James Morrissey  Offline
I
Carpal Tunnel

Manhattan, New York, New York
Hi Attila,

These are also really cool. I have not seen action like this before as shown by the geese/swan. Let me ask you, is the company that is processing them scanning them for you? Or, are you doing it yourself? Also, are you using the Sigma 300-800 for all of the shots you have shown?

James

Re: Mute Swans in Cuyahoga Valley N.P. Ohio [Re: James Morrissey] #31015
09/05/10 08:42 PM
09/05/10 08:42 PM
USA, Ohio
Attila Kegyes Offline OP
Tracker
Tracker

USA, Ohio
Hi James,

I drop the rolls in the photolab to process, but for internet share or for print I scanning them myself.
If I want to print, I scanning them in a 35 megapixel resolution, so I can do large, even in a size of 24"x16" print in a 300dpi print resolution.
But I not need to print too much photo, (no one interesting about them), so I don't have large printer. If I need a print, I take the picture files to the photolab.
Once I tried a "pro digilab" where they are scanned and printed a picture. They said they can do it and that is gonna be almost as seen on a slide! But instead, even a dust was printed out on a picture! So I'm not turst in the photolabs, so I do the scan but let them print. If I need to do more print, I gonna buy a large printer. There is a 17" wide printer in my mind. Much cheaper to print at home than pay for a digilab to do it.

Yes all the photo I have posted yet, was taken with the Sigma 300-800. Since I have it this is my primari lens. The zoom range is so perfect for wildlife photography, I can't ask a better lens. But also I use a Sigma 120-300 too. Right know, I working on a hummingbird project, where I use the Sigma 120-300 lens.
Before I got the Nikon and the Sigmonster, I used a Pentax Z1p and a Sigma 170-500 for wildlife, but since I got the Nikon System the Pentax mostly used for close up and landscape photos.

Re: Mute Swans in Cuyahoga Valley N.P. Ohio [Re: Attila Kegyes] #31016
09/07/10 04:00 AM
09/07/10 04:00 AM
USA, Ohio
Attila Kegyes Offline OP
Tracker
Tracker

USA, Ohio
Here are more photos of the swans.

Here still two of the babies are alive.

The First attempt to fly. It was just a practice to get the speed. It wasn't able to take off yet this time.

Re: Mute Swans in Cuyahoga Valley N.P. Ohio [Re: Attila Kegyes] #31017
09/08/10 12:15 PM
09/08/10 12:15 PM
Nashville Tennessee
Durwood Edwards Offline
Old hand
Durwood Edwards  Offline
Old hand

Nashville Tennessee
Wonderful work Attila!
I certainly appreciate your approach to your photography. I estimate that every picture I take is the result of 8-9 hours of research on behavior and habitat of the subject.
I hope to see a many more of your pictures.

Durwood Edwards
www.joelton.org

"Never miss a good chance to shut-up!" - Will Rogers
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 505 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
CTiefisher, DrSuse BlueDevil, airphotog, dwilson7878, carters paul
3317 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums6
Topics627
Posts989
Members3,317
Most Online629
Dec 4th, 2019

Copyright 2005 - 2020 Nature, Wildlife, and Pet Photography Forum. "NWPPhotoforum" and "nwpphotoforum.com" are the property of Nature, Wildlife, and Pet Photography Forum. All Rights Reserved. Wild Coyote Studio, New York Pet Photographer