11/28/10 01:25 PM
11/28/10 01:25 PM
Uturoa, Raiatea FP / Hubbard, ...
maheanuu Offline OP
Tracker
maheanuu  Offline OP
Tracker

On Wednesday Afternoon I went to Tapuamu, Tahaa to help my brother in law with a satellite receiver problem. I arrived at his home just before sunset and as he was not at home I went into the back yard in hope that there just might be a worth while subject to shoot. My brother in law's house faces Motu Tau Tau and has Bora Bora directly behind it so I thought that just perchance the good light of the setting sun might just be good enough to illuminate the monolith Otemanu and brighten up Mt. Paia (the triangular mountain). Needless to say it didn't happen but the darkness gave me a silhouette of both the Motu and of Bora with the light reflected off the high clouds that I thought had merit...

A note to Roman, I shot this with you in mind, it has the Exif information with it and while I sat there on that evening, I remembered a Steel Bridge/Japanese Garden Photo Shoot that you put together... You made a permanent impresssion on this old Chief, and you taught me more than you will ever know.... Should you ever venture to French Polynesia I would love to be your guide...

I hope that this photo meets the criteria here and I would love to have it critiqued as I learn so very much when you are finished...

All the very best to all of you from me here at the end of the world...

Thanksgiving Eve A Reason To Be Thankful

Re: Back Home On Thanksgiving Eve [Re: maheanuu] #32636
11/28/10 09:11 PM
11/28/10 09:11 PM
Manhattan, New York, New York
James Morrissey Offline
I
James Morrissey  Offline
I
Carpal Tunnel

Hey Ken,

First off, I really like your composition a lot. It is very cool, and I think the lighting effects on the water are beautiful. I have very few quibbles with it from a compositional perspective (I will leave that to Roman, et al). Most of my issues are nitpicks and small by nature. The first nitpick is that there appears to be dust throughout that could be clone stamped out. The second is that there appears to be 'color noise' through out pieces of the sky. For the most part, it appears well controlled.

Would you be upset if I made a stab at post processing it?

James

Re: Back Home On Thanksgiving Eve [Re: James Morrissey] #32637
11/28/10 09:35 PM
11/28/10 09:35 PM
maheanuu Offline OP
Tracker
maheanuu  Offline OP
Tracker

Not at all James, and I don't know if that is dust or noise, but the rose colored clouds were there. that is the very end of the reflection and what caused the rose colored patch in the upper left quadrant of the photo. I am here to learn and do NOT mind any critique it is this old chief's way of learning and staying learned <grin> Go for it.... I would love to see what someone who has knowledge can do to improve that.

Re: Back Home On Thanksgiving Eve [Re: maheanuu] #32638
11/29/10 02:09 AM
11/29/10 02:09 AM
James Morrissey Offline
I
James Morrissey  Offline
I
Carpal Tunnel

Hey Ken,

I think that there are many here who are far better at post processing than I, so I will certainly defer to their greater expertise. Having said that, this is what I was able to do.

What do you think?

Re: Back Home On Thanksgiving Eve [Re: James Morrissey] #32639
11/29/10 11:53 AM
11/29/10 11:53 AM
maheanuu Offline OP
Tracker
maheanuu  Offline OP
Tracker

I like it, and I hadn't noticed the two large dust bunnies in the lower left, nor the one in the shoal water just in front of the motu. Old eyes and laziness I guess... Going to do a real cleaning on the sensor today and see what is there afterwards...

Thanks James

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 542 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
CTiefisher, DrSuse BlueDevil, airphotog, dwilson7878, carters paul
3317 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums6
Topics627
Posts989
Members3,317
Most Online629
Dec 4th, 2019

Copyright 2005 - 2020 Nature, Wildlife, and Pet Photography Forum. "NWPPhotoforum" and "nwpphotoforum.com" are the property of Nature, Wildlife, and Pet Photography Forum. All Rights Reserved. Wild Coyote Studio, New York Pet Photographer