Manhattan, New York, New York
James Morrissey Offline OP
I
James Morrissey  Offline OP
I
Carpal Tunnel

Hey Everyone,

(1) Chanthee and I created a new Pro Forum (formerly the Shop Talk Forum). It is a completely walled off community for professional talk. If you are interested in applying for membership, please contact me.

James at nwpphotoforum dot com

(2) We are thinking about adding a couple of new forums to the system:

a. A Tech Forum
b. A "Human Nature" Forum - allowing for cityscapes and other things created by the human animal.

Sincerely,
James

Re: Forum Changes - New Pro Forum, etc. [Re: James Morrissey] #33664
01/30/11 11:58 PM
01/30/11 11:58 PM
I
I
Carpal Tunnel

Yeah - Today we got the front page up and running. It is cool because it allows us to pull feed off of the different forums, which means that there will be more dynamic content on the front page.

I may limit it down to just the articles in the coming weeks as I start to get them all posted again. It took a chunk of time to get Thom Hogan's interview up today - nothing difficult, just the brain numbing job of stripping scripts. :P

James

Re: Forum Changes - New Pro Forum, etc. [Re: James Morrissey] #33669
01/31/11 11:30 AM
01/31/11 11:30 AM
I
I
Carpal Tunnel

OK - do we like or hate the fact that feed is coming in from the different forums? It sounds like some folks are finding it confusing.

James

Re: Forum Changes - New Pro Forum, etc. [Re: James Morrissey] #33674
01/31/11 01:58 PM
01/31/11 01:58 PM
Connecticut
Sunstruck Offline
Old hand
Sunstruck  Offline
Old hand

Connecticut
I hate to say it James, but I am not a big fan of it. If it was just one post, it would be ok, but to have 3 separate threads posted as the front page is a tad confusing.

Penny J. Wills
[color:"#08c3c5"]www.pennyjwillsphotography.com[/color]
Re: Forum Changes - New Pro Forum, etc. [Re: James Morrissey] #33681
01/31/11 05:25 PM
01/31/11 05:25 PM
I
I
Carpal Tunnel

Hey Penny,

Thanks for the feedback. That is important. Tonight, I will change the settings so that we pull the feed only off of the articles and the interviews section. I am kind of 'stuck' at the moment because we have nothing in our archives at this moment due to the move. LOL, life is tough.

Again - thanks. Getting the flavor right on the website may take a bit, but I think it is a good process. I just hope everyone stays for the ride. :P

James

Re: Forum Changes - New Pro Forum, etc. [Re: James Morrissey] #33773
02/02/11 11:03 AM
02/02/11 11:03 AM
Portland, Oregon
Tyler Offline
Venturer
Tyler  Offline
Venturer

Portland, Oregon
James, I'd like to see the "Human Nature" section. Although they are not shots I go out for all the time, some of my favorites have been of that variety and I always feel guilty for sneaking them in other posts, like I'm cheating on a test. Plus I believe there are many times where man made things fit in rather seamlessly with the natural world they reside in.

Re: Forum Changes - New Pro Forum, etc. [Re: James Morrissey] #33784
02/02/11 02:39 PM
02/02/11 02:39 PM
I
I
Carpal Tunnel

Hey Tyler,

Thanks. Anyone else on this? I know that here in the City, I have tons of Cityscapes. My problem is that I don't always think of them as being 'nature photography.' I wonder if it muddies the water (so to speak).

James

Re: Forum Changes - New Pro Forum, etc. [Re: James Morrissey] #33797
02/02/11 03:13 PM
02/02/11 03:13 PM
Virginia, USA
Jim Poor Offline
Addict
Jim Poor  Offline
Addict

Virginia, USA
Originally Posted By: James Morrissey
Hey Tyler,

Thanks. Anyone else on this? I know that here in the City, I have tons of Cityscapes. My problem is that I don't always think of them as being 'nature photography.' I wonder if it muddies the water (so to speak).

James

I see nothing wrong with a "hand of man" in nature section.

Re: Forum Changes - New Pro Forum, etc. [Re: James Morrissey] #33818
02/02/11 07:15 PM
02/02/11 07:15 PM
Tucson, Arizona, USA
Tucson Jim Offline
Old hand
Tucson Jim  Offline
Old hand

Tucson, Arizona, USA
Originally Posted By: James Morrissey
Hey Everyone,

(1) Chanthee and I created a new Pro Forum (formerly the Shop Talk Forum). It is a completely walled off community for professional talk. If you are interested in applying for membership, please contact me.

James at nwpphotoforum dot com

(2) We are thinking about adding a couple of new forums to the system:

a. A Tech Forum
b. A "Human Nature" Forum - allowing for cityscapes and other things created by the human animal.

Sincerely,
James

While I'll miss following you guys' careers and benefiting from the advice you give each other, I certainly understand the need to have a place where you can speak freely with each other about important issues or problems without the fear of possibly offending customers or driving away potential clients.

With respect to the tech forum and possible Human Nature forum I would enjoy seeing both with the hope that the tech forum not be allowed to devolve into "Fanboy Wars".

Since most of the pictures I take lately would fall into the Cityscapes/Travel category, perhaps I would be able to post images more often if you create the Human Nature forum.

But, be careful James. Too many forums to choose from could diffuse interest and actually drive away activity.

Jim

Re: Forum Changes - New Pro Forum, etc. [Re: Tucson Jim] #33819
02/02/11 08:05 PM
02/02/11 08:05 PM
Virginia, USA
Jim Poor Offline
Addict
Jim Poor  Offline
Addict

Virginia, USA
I don't think anyone will be vanishing from the open forums.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 516 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
CTiefisher, DrSuse BlueDevil, airphotog, dwilson7878, carters paul
3317 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums6
Topics627
Posts989
Members3,317
Most Online629
Dec 4th, 2019

Copyright 2005 - 2020 Nature, Wildlife, and Pet Photography Forum. "NWPPhotoforum" and "nwpphotoforum.com" are the property of Nature, Wildlife, and Pet Photography Forum. All Rights Reserved. Wild Coyote Studio, New York Pet Photographer