Manhattan, New York, New York
James Morrissey Offline OP
I
James Morrissey  Offline OP
I
Carpal Tunnel

Hey Diana,

Professionally, our focus is pet photography these days. I have cut my wedding work down by 85% over the last two years as we have increased the pet photography business. What we are not are 'show photography' people, which is an entirely different type of work. I really respect the show photography people - it is almost a different sport, LOL. Having said that, I enjoy doing portraiture at the Dog Show and may consider adding venues over the next year or so as time allows.

As to watching TV - LOL, that was me!!!!! I allegedly made two TV stations - one of which supposedly showed our studio signage (Wild Coyote Studio). I would like to get copies of the footage. It would be good for our website. Of course, nothing like looking at the North end of a South bound photographer. :P

Thanks
James

Re: Back From Westminster [Re: James Morrissey] #34174
02/21/11 06:53 PM
02/21/11 06:53 PM
CA
StarrLight Offline
Veteran
StarrLight  Offline
Veteran

CA
Ahh, I thought you were doing more pet photography than before but didn't realize that was not the majority of what you were doing. I actually am wanting to do more in-studio portrait work rather than shows, just need space to do it and some upgrading of equipment as well as some more local networking and marketing.

I missed the signage on the TV spot but it definitely looked like the setup I thought you might have. Maybe if you find it you can post it on youtube. wink

Diana

Re: Back From Westminster [Re: StarrLight] #34175
02/21/11 06:55 PM
02/21/11 06:55 PM
CA
StarrLight Offline
Veteran
StarrLight  Offline
Veteran

CA
Originally Posted By: StarrLight
... didn't realize that was not the majority of what you were doing.

oops, meant to say "was now", not "was not"...

Re: Back From Westminster [Re: James Morrissey] #34211
02/23/11 04:27 PM
02/23/11 04:27 PM
I
I
Carpal Tunnel

Hey Folks,

I saw one of the clips. I was doing a 'behind the scenes' photo shoot for one of the dogs. I am featured for a total of about 1.5 seconds - and of course, since I was out of the studio set up, there was nothing indicating who we are or where we are from. frown It is on the Feb 15th MSNBC broadcast called, "Pedigreed Pooches." I know that one of the crews was in our booth from a different station, so hopefully that one showed the sign.

Next year, I am DEFINITELY having Wild Coyote Studio shirts made up! I may even make them for walking around NYC.

James

Last edited by James Morrissey; 02/23/11 04:52 PM.
Re: Back From Westminster [Re: James Morrissey] #34675
04/01/11 07:12 PM
04/01/11 07:12 PM
Tucson, Arizona, USA
Tucson Jim Offline
Old hand
Tucson Jim  Offline
Old hand

Tucson, Arizona, USA
James:

I noticed some folks had posted replies to your article about your experiences at this year's Westminster Show. I wanted to add my congratulations to those that already appeared below the article, but could not do so. No reply button. So, I post here instead.

I am really happy to read about your positive results from this year's Westminster Dog Show. I did not realize you were quite so disheartened by your experience last year. I could tell you were a little disappointed, but I also thought you were encouraged by some positive aspects.

In any event,I can see you did the right thing by learning from your past experience and having another go at it again this year. Taking what you learn from this year, I have no doubt you will do even better next year.

Congratulations!!!

Jim

Re: Back From Westminster [Re: James Morrissey] #34687
04/03/11 08:02 PM
04/03/11 08:02 PM
I
I
Carpal Tunnel

Hey Jim,

I was disappointed in our first year mainly becase I only survived. My expectations were way too high, and I really did not approach the show properly.

I
LOL, I still remember dinner the week before, having met up with Helmi, Ken and my wife and seeing how they operated a pet show. The long and the short of it was that I kmew it was going to be rough in advance..,,,but it was just a glimmer (given how big Helmi's name is). We were working until 11 PM most nights in order to get my numbers...it was intense and stressful. This year we really did not suffer that. It was a success from start to finish!

James

Re: Back From Westminster [Re: Tucson Jim] #34694
04/04/11 02:23 AM
04/04/11 02:23 AM
CA
StarrLight Offline
Veteran
StarrLight  Offline
Veteran

CA
Originally Posted By: Tucson Jim
James:

I noticed some folks had posted replies to your article about your experiences at this year's Westminster Show. I wanted to add my congratulations to those that already appeared below the article, but could not do so. No reply button. So, I post here instead.

Yeah, I noticed the same thing, I couldn't see anyway to comment after the article?

Re: Back From Westminster [Re: James Morrissey] #34745
04/08/11 06:19 PM
04/08/11 06:19 PM
I
I
Carpal Tunnel

Hey Jim,

Thank you so much! I just changed the article a bit. After I re-read it, I realized it sounded a bit sad-sacky...and it really should not. 2009 was a success for many reasons. It was not a huge financial boom that I had hoped it would be, but it really was a success. That was a bit of working digging up my initial thread that I wrote on it and really tried to make it more coherent and consistent.

James

Re: Back From Westminster [Re: James Morrissey] #35066
05/05/11 07:46 AM
05/05/11 07:46 AM
st. petersburg, florida, usa a...
V
Visceral Image Offline
Old hand
Visceral Image  Offline
Old hand
V

st. petersburg, florida, usa a...
Jim;

Congrads on a successful show; thanks so much for posting your experiences. I do my first two shows, one memorial day and the second June 11; very nervous about this (posted questions in pet forum). These are small local shows but my first try at this type of photography.

Re: Back From Westminster [Re: James Morrissey] #35109
05/07/11 04:00 PM
05/07/11 04:00 PM
I
I
Carpal Tunnel

Hey John,

Thank you so much! It was a great opportunity and I am looking forward to doing it again next year. We have already worked that out with the show people, so I am pleased. I just saw the thread in the Pet Forum - it looks like it has really taken off.

James

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 550 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
CTiefisher, DrSuse BlueDevil, airphotog, dwilson7878, carters paul
3317 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums6
Topics627
Posts989
Members3,317
Most Online629
Dec 4th, 2019

Copyright 2005 - 2020 Nature, Wildlife, and Pet Photography Forum. "NWPPhotoforum" and "nwpphotoforum.com" are the property of Nature, Wildlife, and Pet Photography Forum. All Rights Reserved. Wild Coyote Studio, New York Pet Photographer