NWPBanner
Welcome! NWPphotoforum.com
Topic Options
#34166 - 02/21/11 09:24 PM Foggy Morning with the Loons
Scott Flaherty Offline
Tracker

Loc: Columbus, Ohio

Nikon D300, NIkon AF-S 200-400mm f/4 VR + 1.4x

Some of the people that were shooting with us on this particular morning were complaining about the thick blanket of fog that had rolled in. I saw the fog and, in my head, yelled yippee. I knew this would be an opportunity to make some images with a certain mood to them. This shot was taken shortly after sunrise with the Loon somewhat backlit in the fog.

#34171 - 02/21/11 10:02 PM Re: Foggy Morning with the Loons [Re: Scott Flaherty]
James Morrissey Offline
I
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Manhattan, New York, New York
Hi Scott,

This is really beautiful. Thank you for sharing!!

James

#34213 - 02/23/11 09:53 PM Re: Foggy Morning with the Loons [Re: Scott Flaherty]
Lesley Offline
Venturer

Loc: Massachusetts, USA
I'm with you and would have joined your YIPPEE! I will be in Maine the end of June shooting Loons and moose and hope to have this kind of atmosphere as well... it makes the best images when the sun glows through the mist!

Stunning image... fine art.

#34214 - 02/23/11 09:54 PM Re: Foggy Morning with the Loons [Re: Scott Flaherty]
James Morrissey Offline
I
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Manhattan, New York, New York
Hey Lesley,

May I ask where you go in Maine to shoot moose? Are you heading up to Baxter? I usually stay in the South Central region (Acadia), where moose are rare.

Cheers
James

#34252 - 02/27/11 02:51 PM Re: Foggy Morning with the Loons [Re: James Morrissey]
Lesley Offline
Venturer

Loc: Massachusetts, USA
Last year we did Machias and Arcadia so this year we have reserved a certified Maine Guide to take two of us on the photo safari. It is at Moosehead Lake which Baxter is part of that is it not? Or least near there. I know we are going to spend a day in Baxter State Park on the day we are not on the Moose/Loon safari and the day we are not on the Eagle safari. You can google the guide we are using... Chris Young. He will be taking us out in a canoe for the moose and loons and a boat for the the eagles. He says we will go right near the nest so we can get the eagle parents catching fish for their babies.

Who's Online
0 registered (), 150 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Poppy, sheril walker, WbN, sierravalleylabs, Jon Albert
3310 Registered Users
Forum Stats
3310 Members
13 Forums
6387 Topics
36613 Posts

Max Online: 513 @ 07/14/12 06:45 PM

Copyright ©2005 - 2017 Nature, Wildlife, and Pet Photography Forum. "NWPPhotoforum" and "nwpphotoforum.com" are the property of Nature, Wildlife, and Pet Photography Forum. All Rights Reserved. Wild Coyote Studio, New York Pet Photographer