Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#33580 - 01/26/11 09:32 PM I Think I Saw the iPad2 Today
James Morrissey Offline
I
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Manhattan, New York, New York
Hey Everyone,

For folks who are interested, I THINK I saw an iPad 2 on the subway today. A fellow had an ipad in a plastic case which he was using on the subway. There was a hole on the top of the ipad where the camera is supposed to be on the new model. I did not see much more than that. The 'Home' button was still definitely on the unit. I had read that it is allegedly being taken off of the ipad. This one thing make me think that it is possible that either I was mistaken or that it is a prototype (or, that the information is incorrect and that the home button is staying on the next generation ipad).

When I asked the gentleman about it (lol, I am nosy), it was quickly put away and told it was just a regular iPad.

James

#33581 - 01/26/11 09:38 PM I Think I Saw the iPad2 Today [Re: James Morrissey]
James Morrissey Offline
I
Carpal Tunnel

One more thing. I was able to ask the gentleman a question about what I thought was a camera phone. I was told that the hole was a 'sensor' and that I was mis-perceiving it to be a camera. As many of you know, I own an iPad and there is no such sensor where the hole in the shield was located. It looked like a device from a camera phone - though again, I am certainly not willing to bet the farm on this.

James

#33582 - 01/26/11 11:58 PM Re: I Think I Saw the iPad2 Today [Re: James Morrissey]
Tucson Jim Offline
Old hand

Loc: Tucson, Arizona, USA
Hi James:

I'm sure you are correct. It must have been a prototype & what you thought was a camera probably was just that, a built in web cam.

Jim

#33583 - 01/27/11 04:20 AM Re: I Think I Saw the iPad2 Today [Re: Tucson Jim]
James Morrissey Offline
I
Carpal Tunnel

I wish I had not been such an idiot and thought quickly enough to take a photograph of the thing while the fellow was using it. I had my Pen E-P2 with me, so it would have been easy enough. I just did not think QUICKLY enough.

James

#33584 - 01/27/11 04:31 AM Re: I Think I Saw the iPad2 Today [Re: James Morrissey]
psmith Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Kansas
Maybe we'll know on Feb 9.

#33949 - 02/09/11 11:30 AM Re: I Think I Saw the iPad2 Today [Re: psmith]
Lesley Offline
Venturer

Loc: Massachusetts, USA
I am waiting for news on the iPad II , because I am going to get one... I do not own one at present and am very excited about it. I'm one of those girls that traded in wanting diamnonds and gold for tekkie toys about 12 years ago! I hope Apple has it out in April...

#33951 - 02/09/11 03:18 PM Re: I Think I Saw the iPad2 Today [Re: James Morrissey]
psmith Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Kansas

#33970 - 02/10/11 11:05 AM Re: I Think I Saw the iPad2 Today [Re: psmith]
Lesley Offline
Venturer

Loc: Massachusetts, USA
thanks for that linl... I can't wait for April to see if it is available!

#34043 - 02/15/11 12:42 PM Re: I Think I Saw the iPad2 Today [Re: James Morrissey]
James Morrissey Offline
I
Carpal Tunnel

So, I guess that nothing new has been heard, eh?

James

#34314 - 03/03/11 03:34 AM Re: I Think I Saw the iPad2 Today [Re: James Morrissey]
James Morrissey Offline
I
Carpal Tunnel

Well - following all of the announcements today, and having seen the recent ipad photos, I am 100% convinced that what I saw a couple of weeks ago was the ipad 2.

For folks who have not seen all of the stats:
http://arstechnica.com/apple/news/2011/0...ns-answered.ars

The only thing that is missing? How much memory does this thing actually have? The ipad only has 256 megs. The new xoom has 1 gig. Where does the ipad 2 fall?

Thanks
James

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 159 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
alophotography, Perros.Humanos, Lindsay Wood, Devildogz0311, jamie
3304 Registered Users
Forum Stats
3304 Members
13 Forums
6095 Topics
36233 Posts

Max Online: 513 @ 07/14/12 06:45 PM

Copyright 2005 - 2017 Nature, Wildlife, and Pet Photography Forum. "NWPPhotoforum" and "nwpphotoforum.com" are the property of Nature, Wildlife, and Pet Photography Forum. All Rights Reserved. Wild Coyote Studio, New York Pet Photographer