NWPBanner
Welcome! NWPphotoforum.com
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#34437 - 03/12/11 06:59 PM Re: Come on and hit me :) [Re: LauraJ]
StarrLight Offline
Veteran

Loc: CA
These are really beautiful and well composed. My only complaint is that the focus is on the back side of the horses rather than the front. smile
Diana

#34448 - 03/13/11 10:58 AM Re: Come on and hit me :) [Re: Peggy Sue]
julief Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Illinois
PeggySue - we do it the same. I rarely mask. I do a lot of erasing. I just feel I get better control and better integration against the background elements I'm using.

I have a print of a Bay Arabian that I got at one of the Nationals years ago. When were you there with a booth?

#34449 - 03/13/11 12:08 PM Re: Come on and hit me :) [Re: julief]
Peggy Sue Offline
Pooh-Bah

Good grief - I was in Louisville in 1980 with that display - how time flies....
Went to watch when my geldings daddy went top ten for the third time - Alada Baskin.
Where are you in IL?

#34450 - 03/13/11 12:49 PM Re: Come on and hit me :) [Re: StarrLight]
Peggy Sue Offline
Pooh-Bah

Diana, I understand your point and decided to work a bit different approach. Since I cannot turn them around (lol) I thought that maybe our reading the left to right might make a difference. Here is the start of a new look that might help. What do you think?

#34456 - 03/13/11 08:59 PM Re: Come on and hit me :) [Re: Peggy Sue]
StarrLight Offline
Veteran

Loc: CA
LOL, yes, I figured you were just working with the angles you were able to get. wink And you're right, I think this does take a bit of emphasis off of the back side of the one horse since we do tend to "read" left to right. And the horse on the left I think may have more territory in the image? Could just be the switch that makes it appear that way. Good thinking!

#34461 - 03/14/11 09:46 AM Re: Come on and hit me :) [Re: Peggy Sue]
julief Offline
Journeyman

I believe I was at the Nationals in '80. I'm long since out of Arabians -- have bred and shown Great Danes for 25 years now.

I'm in Aurora.

#34832 - 04/17/11 02:44 AM Re: Come on and hit me :) [Re: LauraJ]
geofftay Offline
Wanderer

Loc: Carlisle Cumbria ENGLAND
For me #2 is the winner but only because I am more of a realist. #1 Is more of a fantasy image, some thing you might find in a child's book (not a bad thing just not to my taste)or a fairy tale. In all fairness though the original photograph did not give you an awful lot too work with, bad light poor composition and bad framing were all to contend with....

#34840 - 04/17/11 06:54 PM Re: Come on and hit me :) [Re: Peggy Sue]
Peggy Sue Offline
Pooh-Bah

Welcome to the forum Geoffrey. I agree with you in the realism format. Generally we can move around our subjects and get a different perspective. But I was stuck like a sardine so I got what I got. That also takes us to the fact that when you are taken with the experience that influences our feelings about the image. Being in the
presence of these wonderful stallions has over powered my objectiveness on this image. Still trying to put make a silk purse out of a sows ear.....(sort of speak)

Thanks for your input and I am looking forward to seeing some of your images.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Who's Online
0 registered (), 165 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
alophotography, Perros.Humanos, Lindsay Wood, Devildogz0311, jamie
3304 Registered Users
Forum Stats
3304 Members
13 Forums
6095 Topics
36233 Posts

Max Online: 513 @ 07/14/12 06:45 PM

Copyright 2005 - 2017 Nature, Wildlife, and Pet Photography Forum. "NWPPhotoforum" and "nwpphotoforum.com" are the property of Nature, Wildlife, and Pet Photography Forum. All Rights Reserved. Wild Coyote Studio, New York Pet Photographer