07/25/11 04:27 PM
07/25/11 04:27 PM
Florida
Jim Garvie Offline OP
Addict
Jim Garvie  Offline OP
Addict

Florida
And when he's in coat, every kid comes up and hugs him. When he's trimmed, they hide behind their mommies. Same dog. Welcome to prejudice in America. And, believe me, I understand that this is the least of it. Sigh.

Jim

Jim Garvie
www.jagphoto.biz
Re: 4th Of July Portraits [Re: Jim Garvie] #35865
07/27/11 03:54 PM
07/27/11 03:54 PM
Florida
Jim Garvie Offline OP
Addict
Jim Garvie  Offline OP
Addict

Florida
Finally completed my July 4 Family Portraits today with Cassidy and Sundance. Let me just point out that each of the portraits of "the kids" was taken with me as poser, baiter and photographer. These kids will all sit and stay on command. Believe me, nobody is as surprised as I am smile! I pose them, walk back to my camera position and then show them a Milk Bone with the left while I shoot with the right hand. It's how I used to do Rowdy and, somehow, all these kids have inherited his posing skills. The stuff that rides on DNA is truly remarkable grin.

For this session, I made a huge mistake. I brought out Cassidy and Sundance together. Dumb idea. While I was posing Sundance, Cassidy snuck over and stole my Milk Bone and then the two of them chased each other around the yard for 10 or 15 minutes. Got them back, washed them off, cleaned off the drool and got back to shooting.

First up is the Queen, Cassidy (Annihaus Rowdy's B Cassidy). At 8 years of age, Cassidy is the eldest of our dogs and is the Alpha Bitch. She inherited that from her grandmother, Annie Fay, when Annie passed away a few years ago. Cass is a Rowdy daughter, is the half-sister of Harry Potter, the mother of Sundance and the grandmother of Moxie. Here's Cassidy Ann.

Sundance is a Cassidy son out of her first litter sired by Sonny (BIS/BISS CH Ivoss Touch The Sun). Sundance's formal name is Annihaus Cassidy's Sundance Kid CGC, HIC. He is truly a ham in front of the camera and is a joy to work with. I like him smiling, so this is the photo I've chosen to share with you. Enjoy.

That completes the Family Portraits. I hope you enjoyed catching up with the Garvie family. No, there will not be photos of Jim and Linda. We believe the camera captures your soul.

Jim

Jim Garvie
www.jagphoto.biz
Re: 4th Of July Portraits [Re: Jim Garvie] #35867
07/27/11 06:09 PM
07/27/11 06:09 PM
Augusta, GA
M
Marie Mitchell Photography Offline
Old hand
Marie Mitchell Photography  Offline
Old hand
M

Augusta, GA
Beautiful images! Look at the shine on his coat! Wow!!

Re: 4th Of July Portraits [Re: Jim Garvie] #35868
07/27/11 08:22 PM
07/27/11 08:22 PM
Florida
Jim Garvie Offline OP
Addict
Jim Garvie  Offline OP
Addict

Florida
If you had seen it 10 minutes earlier, it was not very silky smile. Sundance is a very special boy. He's very big. He's very sweet. He's sometimes a bit protective. But, mostly, he's a very loving dog that happens to be black & tan. People cross the street to avoid him. He has no idea why 'cuz he'd really like to meet them. He had a bad habit of holding people's arms when he first met them. We told him to get a toy or "get your bone" so now when people come into the house, he frantically runs to find a bone and then runs up to meet them. He is an incredible model. He works well with costumes and props. He's my OMG dog -- people drive by, see him, slow down, roll down the windows and say "OMG, how much does he weigh?" He's a handful but he's truly a joy.

Jim

Jim Garvie
www.jagphoto.biz
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 541 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
CTiefisher, DrSuse BlueDevil, airphotog, dwilson7878, carters paul
3317 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums6
Topics627
Posts989
Members3,317
Most Online629
Dec 4th, 2019

Copyright 2005 - 2020 Nature, Wildlife, and Pet Photography Forum. "NWPPhotoforum" and "nwpphotoforum.com" are the property of Nature, Wildlife, and Pet Photography Forum. All Rights Reserved. Wild Coyote Studio, New York Pet Photographer