M
Marie Mitchell Photography Offline OP
Old hand
Marie Mitchell Photography  Offline OP
Old hand
M

Augusta, GA
Hi all,
I'm considering approaching a hotel directly related to this image to see if they may be interested in purchasing it for website use and/or hotel decor. Before I do that, I'd like to get opinions on it..don't want to look like an ID10T!
This was taken in the evening at around 9pm, ISO800, 30sec, f/14 55mm focal length, mounted on a tripod. I did use a smoothing app, to give it a dreamy look.
So, do you think its ok or should I just scrap it?

Thanks!
Marie

Re: Marketing to a Hotel? [Re: Marie Mitchell Photography] #35897
07/28/11 11:04 PM
07/28/11 11:04 PM
Manhattan, New York, New York
James Morrissey Offline
I
James Morrissey  Offline
I
Carpal Tunnel

Manhattan, New York, New York
Hey Marie,

This is a really beautiful photograph - with one quibble. First the positives. I love the colors. They are so incredibly rich and saturated. I love the mood of the photo. I also think the composition is excellent. The one problem I have is the greenery on the left side of the photo. In my mind, it distracts from the rest of the photograph.

Does this mean it is not sellable? Absolutely not. Just my one critique of an otherwise fine image.

James

Re: Marketing to a Hotel? [Re: James Morrissey] #35901
07/29/11 09:13 AM
07/29/11 09:13 AM
Augusta, GA
M
Marie Mitchell Photography Offline OP
Old hand
Marie Mitchell Photography  Offline OP
Old hand
M

Augusta, GA
Originally Posted By: James Morrissey
Hey Marie,

This is a really beautiful photograph - with one quibble. First the positives. I love the colors. They are so incredibly rich and saturated. I love the mood of the photo. I also think the composition is excellent. The one problem I have is the greenery on the left side of the photo. In my mind, it distracts from the rest of the photograph.

Does this mean it is not sellable? Absolutely not. Just my one critique of an otherwise fine image.

James

Thanks for the critique, James!
I' going to look at a few different crops to find one thatso that won't have the greenery as prevelent in the image.
Here's a question, do you think the image would benefit from a different perspective by getting higher up maybe with a 6ft ladder, and shooting wider? As it stands, I got up as high as I could, but that required me to be further away from the bank of the river.

Re: Marketing to a Hotel? [Re: Marie Mitchell Photography] #35906
07/29/11 10:47 AM
07/29/11 10:47 AM
California
G
gebert Offline
Wanderer
gebert  Offline
Wanderer
G

California
Beautiful image Marie. I agree that the greenery on the left takes away from the image. I think the POV is fine. I wouldn't crop it, I would photoshop it.

Gigi Ebert Photography
Re: Marketing to a Hotel? [Re: Marie Mitchell Photography] #35935
08/01/11 10:26 AM
08/01/11 10:26 AM
Portland Oregon
RomanJohnston Offline
Pooh-Bah
RomanJohnston  Offline
Pooh-Bah

Portland Oregon
For me the shot looks a bit over saturated and as such you might find it a problem to get it printed as some of the colors seem "out of gamut". This means the colors are outside of what most printers can handle reproducing.

BTW...where did the shot go? I saw earlier that you had it posted in your OP.

Where would you get the printing done? Do you know the model of printer and which paper it would be using? I could soft proof the shot for you and help you figure this all out.

Would love to help you make your first sale a successful one.

Roman

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 518 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
CTiefisher, DrSuse BlueDevil, airphotog, dwilson7878, carters paul
3317 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums6
Topics627
Posts989
Members3,317
Most Online629
Dec 4th, 2019

Copyright 2005 - 2020 Nature, Wildlife, and Pet Photography Forum. "NWPPhotoforum" and "nwpphotoforum.com" are the property of Nature, Wildlife, and Pet Photography Forum. All Rights Reserved. Wild Coyote Studio, New York Pet Photographer