NWPBanner
Welcome! NWPphotoforum.com
Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6
Topic Options
#36418 - 09/13/11 01:40 PM Re: Challenge - Natural Wonders in your Neighborhood [Re: James Morrissey]
RomanJohnston Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Portland Oregon
Sorry bout that, shooting an outdoor wedding in 97 degree weather this weekend, and wasn't feeling good Sunday.

Some of us only have cats. Might suggest to keep things very generic to restrict people the least. Maybe pets in general, not restricting to dogs only. I think the more generic the topic, the better. Starry Nights, Pets, different TYPES of shooting, etc. The beauty around us....like the last topic...all can participate in as there truly is beauty everywhere. So I am of the mindset, lets try and keep it as open as possible to keep participation at its maximum.

Roman

#36420 - 09/13/11 03:03 PM Re: Challenge - Natural Wonders in your Neighborhood [Re: RomanJohnston]
Jim Garvie Offline
Addict

Loc: Florida
I totally agree with Roman. I trust everyone understands that I was only kidding about "Rottweilers" or "dogs" as themes. I agree that keeping the theme as broad as possible is the best way to ensure maximum participation -- which I believe is the objective of these challenges.

Roman, hope you're feeling better. Shooting a wedding under any conditions is hot enough without it being outdoors and 97 degrees. Been there and I can truly feel your pain.

Jim

#36421 - 09/13/11 05:56 PM Re: Challenge - Natural Wonders in your Neighborhood [Re: Jim Garvie]
Kerri Offline
Wanderer

Loc: OH
I sent James a PM to let him know I would like to change my choice of the challenge theme from dogs to one off the suggestions list - sunrise/sunset - sunsets if I need to narrow it down more. I apologize for any delays my original choice caused smile.

Kerri

#36422 - 09/13/11 08:37 PM Re: Challenge - Natural Wonders in your Neighborhood [Re: Kerri]
Jim Garvie Offline
Addict

Loc: Florida
Kerri,
not a problem here -- I had both "dogs" and "rottweilers" totally covered smile. I think Sunrise/Sunset is a great theme and forces me to get outside when I'm already up for that early morning feeding. Sunset is "iffy" this time of year in Florida because of evening thunderstorms but we do dawn very nicely.

Thanks,

Jim

#36423 - 09/13/11 09:00 PM Re: Challenge - Natural Wonders in your Neighborhood [Re: Jim Garvie]
James Morrissey Offline
I
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Manhattan, New York, New York
Hey Kerri,

Thanks. I think Roman's advice is sound and should be heeded. I am fine as long as it is 'pets' versus a single breed. If you want to do something else, that is also cool. LOL - the decision is now back in your hands.

James

#36426 - 09/14/11 12:19 AM Re: Challenge - Natural Wonders in your Neighborhood [Re: James Morrissey]
Kerri Offline
Wanderer

Loc: OH
Sunrise/sunset is okay with me smile.

#36434 - 09/14/11 01:54 PM Re: Challenge - Natural Wonders in your Neighborhood [Re: Kerri]
RomanJohnston Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Portland Oregon
Sounds like a plan. I am going out this weekend to Austin Hot Spring for some pro-bono work for the effort to return it to its once enjoyed glory. Will hit Bagby Hot Springs earlier that morning for some sunrise action.

Roman

Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6

Who's Online
0 registered (), 164 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Poppy, sheril walker, WbN, sierravalleylabs, Jon Albert
3310 Registered Users
Forum Stats
3310 Members
13 Forums
6384 Topics
36608 Posts

Max Online: 513 @ 07/14/12 06:45 PM

Copyright ©2005 - 2017 Nature, Wildlife, and Pet Photography Forum. "NWPPhotoforum" and "nwpphotoforum.com" are the property of Nature, Wildlife, and Pet Photography Forum. All Rights Reserved. Wild Coyote Studio, New York Pet Photographer